October 09, 2023
2609 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2808 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Coronavirus

More
05 May 2021 18:20 #322896 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic Coronavirus
Second shot this morning; other than drowsiness, no other side effects.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Dr. Mabuse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2021 04:46 #322907 by mtagge
Replied by mtagge on topic Coronavirus
Got my second shot yesterday. Was tired then, again tired this morning. After lunch the headache began. Probably go to bed early tonight. No big deal.

Oh and gassy, very, very gassy.

Nothing I can't live with, and better than the alternative.

More
09 May 2021 15:05 - 09 May 2021 16:28 #322984 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Coronavirus
Had a run-in with my first batshit crazy anti-vaxxer on Thursday. Robotics meeting, first one this year, found out the head coach and his family were completely unvaccinated. I wasn’t surprised much, as this is an “exceptional” family, one where they think they are an exception to every rule. So when they mentioned they weren’t vaccinated I assumed that was why.

At the end of the evening I’m talking with another coach about getting together once his vaccine immunity is complete, around June 10th. He’s been very ill so it makes sense for him to take appropriate precautions, and he’s a dear friend, so, though I’m immunized, I’m not taking any chances. We’re working out details on the timing and the head coach blurts out that it’s not a real vaccine because emergency FDA approvals only require 10% efficacy.

I wrote the fucker off. “I’ve had to deal with anti-vaxxers since 1996, we’re not having this argument.” Turned around went back to my other conversation. It was condescending as hell, but life is too damn short. He didn’t pursue it.

Better things to worry about.
Last edit: 09 May 2021 16:28 by Sagrilarus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, dysjunct, Dr. Mabuse, ChristopherMD, mtagge, n815e

More
09 May 2021 15:51 #322985 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Coronavirus
I backed out of my first two-shot appointment because I'm sometimes needle-phobic. This morning I went and got the J&J shot at CVS though so I'm good now. :cheer:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Gary Sax, Dr. Mabuse, Sagrilarus, n815e

More
09 May 2021 17:40 #322986 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Coronavirus

ChristopherMD wrote: I backed out of my first two-shot appointment because I'm sometimes needle-phobic. This morning I went and got the J&J shot at CVS though so I'm good now. :cheer:

I’m needle-phobic too. It sucks, but it’s been a bit better since I just started telling the people around me when I’m getting a shot that I’m needle-phobic and I might faint, hyperventilate or simply behave in an odd an anxious manner. It’s a lot easier now since I only have to deal with the needle fear, and not the anxiety of trying to hide the needle fear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, ChristopherMD, mtagge, n815e

More
10 May 2021 00:21 - 10 May 2021 09:34 #322989 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Coronavirus
I weirdly only have a needle phobia when some someone is taking something out of me like blood or plasma. But most of that is gone now, once you do some surgeries you just kind of become numb to a lot of that. It's like modesty at the doctor, I literally have none anymore because of health problems I've had.
Last edit: 10 May 2021 09:34 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: n815e

More
10 May 2021 05:04 #322991 by Erik Twice
Replied by Erik Twice on topic Coronavirus
I never had a phobia or anything but I'm sensitive so when I was a kid they needed half a dozen medics to restrain me lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: n815e

More
10 May 2021 08:48 #322992 by the_jake_1973
Replied by the_jake_1973 on topic Coronavirus
Had my second Moderna shot on Friday. No odd reactions to the 5G upgrade. Now that Bill is single AND he has my tracking info, I expect that my wife and I will be in a thruple with him by the end of the month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
10 May 2021 10:50 #322999 by JoelCFC25
Replied by JoelCFC25 on topic Coronavirus
I'm OK with needles, but they have to go hand-in-hand with competence. When I had my knee surgery the first nurse had to tap out after 3 failed attempts to get the IV into the top of my hand (we're not talking hard to find veins, either). Thankfully the next gal got it in on her first go.

More
10 May 2021 14:14 #323010 by A Lad Insane
Replied by A Lad Insane on topic Coronavirus
As corollary to the "had the Rona, felt like shit" hypothesis, my wife and I had the Rona and both felt like we got hit by a bus when we got shots. She got a wicked 24-hour fever on both Moderna shots. I got it on my J&J shot. Definitely something to that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
10 May 2021 16:22 #323012 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Coronavirus
I've been sick in bed all day. Feels exactly like last April when I thought I had it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
10 May 2021 16:54 #323014 by RobertB
Replied by RobertB on topic Coronavirus
I used to be needle-phobic, but 6 weeks in the hospital broke me of that. As good as I can be now, but was no fun then.

As for shot reactions, Moderna laid me and my daughter out. Sorry I gave you my immune system, honey.

Origins is now Oct 30 - Nov 3. Buckeye Game Fest, in Columbus, will be in April of 2022. WBC is cancelled for 2021. My local game club may reopen in July.

My brothers and family came to visit this weekend. First relaxed gathering with them in 14 months. We're all vaccinated now.

More
10 May 2021 17:12 #323015 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Coronavirus
The Fantasy Flight Event Center partially reopened last fall, just the retail area plus take-out available from the kitchen. Now it has fully re-opened under new management (Christian Petersen's company) as Gamezenter, though both staff and customers must wear masks. They are even hosting a Marvel Champions event tomorrow night:

gamezenter.com/event/marvel-champions-ga...ommunity/2021-05-11/
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
10 May 2021 17:24 #323017 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Coronavirus
Got my second dose on Pfriday. Pfelt pfine that day, but took a short walk on Saturday and got knocked on my ass! Took a nap, woke up a little pfeverish I think, and was pfine the next day. Two weeks, let's gooooooo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jay718, Nodens, n815e

More
10 May 2021 18:38 #323020 by cdennett
Replied by cdennett on topic Coronavirus

jeb wrote: Two weeks, let's gooooooo.

FYI, while the CDC says two weeks for Pfizer, all the medical research is based on one week so that's really the number you can use.

It's still two weeks for both Moderna and J&J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds