October 09, 2023
2563 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2764 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Coronavirus

More
17 Mar 2020 15:51 #308207 by Joebot
Replied by Joebot on topic Coronavirus

Gary Sax wrote: The wild thing, Joebot, early exit polling suggests that it's only the old people who are showing up to vote in IL today. So the split is older than even a normal US primary election is.

That's interesting, I hadn't heard that.

I did end up going to vote. It's never very busy at the polling place in my suburb, and I tried to time it post-lunch. There were 3 people in line ahead of me. My son and I were in and out of there in less than 10 minutes. We did what we could to maintain distance from people, and we both wore disposable rubber gloves, but I still felt weird being there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2020 16:51 #308213 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Coronavirus
I voted using mail, AZ is pretty heavy on mail voting. The problem is that disproportionately rich and settled people can use mail voting techniques, which I think is the big concerng going into the next year and thinkin about election processes and coronavirus.

More
17 Mar 2020 19:34 #308222 by cdennett
Replied by cdennett on topic Coronavirus

Michael Barnes wrote: Re: fitness options other than the gym- if you can find it and have a Switch, Ring Fit is excellent.

Great idea, probably a week too late. Sold out everywhere. If they made the damn game downloadable, there are bazillions of the physical items available. But as it stands, no way to get it. Boo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead, Gary Sax

More
17 Mar 2020 20:36 #308224 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic Coronavirus
With mild weather get outside...went for a five mile hike yesterday. Saw one other person.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Nodens

More
17 Mar 2020 21:05 #308226 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Coronavirus
This week, my new workout routine involves cleaning. Dusting, mopping, scrubbing, etc. My girlfriend's immune system is weakened due to other health issues, and she was traveling for work just weeks ago. So her employer told her to self-quarantine for at least a couple of weeks. But I'm still working full-time and interacting with some people at the office, so it has become my job to keep the house extra-clean.

More
17 Mar 2020 22:32 #308235 by Sagrilarus
Replied by Sagrilarus on topic Coronavirus
Local game store just emailed that they're doing delivery now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, Gary Sax

More
18 Mar 2020 12:53 #308259 by Shellhead
Some local retailers have shut down for now. Others have gone to shorter hours, which seems wrong-headed to me because that means the stores could be more crowded during those limited hours of operation than if they maintained normal hours. Either way, their employers are still potentially exposed to the virus, but moreso when there are crowds.

More
18 Mar 2020 14:09 #308262 by the_jake_1973
Replied by the_jake_1973 on topic Coronavirus
A customer of ours, a beer distributor, told us that one of their delivery drivers just tested positive for COVID. This is in the Madison, Wi area. Wipe down your cases of beverages.

More
18 Mar 2020 14:10 #308263 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic Coronavirus
Several grocery stores here are now setting aside a few hours in the mornings for senior citizens. This will be less crowded since they are higher risk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3, WadeMonnig, n815e

More
18 Mar 2020 14:45 #308266 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Coronavirus
We got an email from way up on high that starting tomorrow
1) our building may be closed tomorrow
2) we may be given paid leave
3) we may be working from home
4) we may be reporting to work somewhere else
5) we may be reporting to work tomorrow as usual.

To sort this all out a F2F meeting was just called for all the managers, because none of them appear to know how to create a conference call.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, Gary Sax, allismom3, Jackwraith, Frohike, mtagge, WadeMonnig

More
18 Mar 2020 14:53 #308267 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Coronavirus
From a company email this morning;

"Our crisis response team, led by _____ _____ and comprised of senior leaders from across _________, has been meeting three times a week since mid-January to react to - but more importantly plan for - this pandemic."

Company has been on top of this and putting its people first since day one. I have no criticisms of their response so far and now I know why.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Gary Sax

More
18 Mar 2020 15:14 #308268 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Coronavirus
I work for a gigantical mega corporation. One of the biggest. In healthcare. They have also been totally on top of this and are operating without any disruption or loss. I’ve been working from home since 2008 so I haven’t set up a cutesy workspace or freaked out about the kids being home during a conference call.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Gary Sax

More
18 Mar 2020 15:46 #308269 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Coronavirus
Just got word. I'll be working from home starting tomorrow. Finally a little bit of sanity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, allismom3, Msample, Jackwraith, lj1983, hotseatgames, WadeMonnig

More
18 Mar 2020 16:07 #308271 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Coronavirus
I'm trying to start the fight with our administration to give us an extra year on our tenure clocks like many other universities are already starting to do. This would really help my partner and myself since the rest of this year is just going to be upside down, we might get sick, and we're being forced to emergency reprep classes to be online. It's not a great environment to do research in. I anticipate they'll just say fuck you.

More
18 Mar 2020 16:19 - 18 Mar 2020 16:19 #308274 by Shellhead
One of my local friends got permission to work from home starting this week. He has foolishly set up a makeshift desk in the form of a card table next to his boardgame collection. He will be staring at two computer screens while working, but everything in the background behind the screens will be shelves of boxes of boardgames.
Last edit: 18 Mar 2020 16:19 by Shellhead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lj1983

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.363 seconds