October 09, 2023
2572 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2769 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Arkham Horror: The Card Game

More
16 May 2022 13:28 #333083 by Gary Sax
Winnie has you churning tons of cards, especially if you're using Daredevil which has you... search the deck too. If you think that's bad, imagine it on tabletop simulator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2022 11:35 #333143 by DarthJoJo
My solo Daisy run of Dunwich came to an end on the way up Sentinel Peak. Turns out it’s the hard to win when a Conglomeration of Spheres drops three damage and three horror on you and you need to spend three turns killing it.

Still happy with the campaign on the whole because I made a Seeker work with Dragon Pole after I had to abandon two earlier attempts halfway through. Daisy knocked out the Hunting Horror thrice in Miskatonic Museum and two Hired Guns and Silas Bishop in Blood on the Altar. All I had to do was devote a third of the deck to make the stick work.

Looking at another fan campaign next.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Gary Sax, sornars, Kmann

More
23 May 2022 08:48 #333216 by DarthJoJo
www.reddit.com/r/arkhamhorrorlcg/comment...d_us_for_a_show_and/

Charlie Kane from the upcoming Scarlet Keys expansion has been fully spoiled. The most common prediction in the community was that he would have special synergy with allies. I thought that was too obvious and was hoping for some sort of innate parley. Glad to be wrong. He has a fun ability and interesting deck building.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars, Kmann

More
23 May 2022 18:30 #333240 by Kmann
Replied by Kmann on topic Arkham Horror: The Card Game
The art on his weakness card is superb.

More
30 May 2022 17:24 - 30 May 2022 20:53 #333359 by ubarose
I love that an enemy engaged with an investigator will move with that investigator, which can create dramatic finales where an investigator goes tearing through the streets of Arkham getting the shit kicked out of them by some horrifying monster, leading it directly into an ambush by other investigators who put the beat down on the monster.

Winnie just ran from Hangman’s Hill, through Uptown, into Southside, with Annette Mason on her ass, where Harvey and Jim lay in wait. Harvey had a plan, and he and Jim blasted the heck out of Annette. Winnie survived with one hit point and one sanity to spare.
Last edit: 30 May 2022 20:53 by ubarose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, mezike, sornars, WadeMonnig, DarthJoJo

More
30 May 2022 20:10 #333363 by Gary Sax
This game is so good at creating those last second escapes.

More
05 Jun 2022 12:04 - 05 Jun 2022 12:06 #333465 by ubarose
Had such an amazing end to The Circle Undone that I got a little teary eyed.

A bit of a spoiler -Before the Black Throne R2

Jim, the Jazz Man, Saves the World
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 05 Jun 2022 12:06 by ubarose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars, WadeMonnig, DarthJoJo

More
05 Jun 2022 16:55 #333470 by Gary Sax
Haha, that's rad!

I really like before the black throne.

More
06 Jun 2022 14:54 #333492 by ubarose
We are hoping to start Machinations Through Time tonight or tomorrow. Yesterday we built our character decks, set up MTT and went over the rules/objectives.

Since Jim’s disappearance, Harvey has been grieving the loss of his friend. Dr. Milan Christopher has been deeply concerned about Harvey. Nate suggested that his friend Father Mateo might be able to offer Harvey some spiritual guidance through this rough time. Of course Harvey poo-pooed this idea, but agreed to meet with Father Mateo to please Milan. Surprisingly, Harvey and Father Mateo hit it off, and now Father Mateo has become a regular visitor to Harvey and Milan’s home. Winnie and Nate sometimes join them, but more often they can be found together at the Tick Tock Club.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars

More
06 Jun 2022 15:55 #333495 by Gary Sax
Dunno if you're thinking of using him based on that vignette, but fyi Father Mateo is made much more interesting to play by owning Innsmouth player cards because of his card access.

More
06 Jun 2022 16:11 #333497 by ubarose
Yes, Al chose him. We don’t have Innsmouth yet. Since this is just a one-off scenario, we are hoping that not having the Insmouth cards won’t be too much of a handicap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
06 Jun 2022 16:36 #333498 by Gary Sax
Yeah, no big deal for the Machinations scenario. I got Machinations this spring but haven't played it yet, it looks pretty cool, let us know how it plays!

It's one of the few times I'd even say something like that in Arkham (i.e. this character is made much better by having X expansion). Maybe Calvin too? Calvin becomes much more viable and interesting with a big card pool.

More
08 Jun 2022 22:46 #333561 by ubarose
Finished Machinations tonight. It was a lot of fun. It’s more of a pick-up-and-deliver with lots of little putz monsters.

I had read a lot of complaints from people who played with only one or two investigators that it was a super tight efficiency puzzle with no time to do the fun stuff on the locations, and impossible to beat. We played with 4 investigators, so we were able to take advantage of the fun abilities on the location cards - sending stuff through time to other investigators. I can see how it would be a real grind with less than 4.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars, DarthJoJo

More
18 Jun 2022 21:14 - 18 Jun 2022 21:38 #333781 by Gary Sax
I've been messing with testing a couple decks with a standalone (Blob), my wife offered to play again so I'm pairing her Trish with a basic fighter. I'm going with Daniela, we'll see. The one thing I do enjoy about Daniela, and you can see Edge of the Earth pushing this way, is giving people a reason to run healing cards beyond the *most* incredibly efficient ones like Hallowed Mirror or Fearless or whatever. The game is very soak focused and I think MJ is interested in pushing back on that a little bit with better healing cards. They aren't incredible or anything but it's a good change of pace.

Anyway, I dunno. I don't play AH at the breakneck pace I did earlier in this thread but it's always a constant comfort.
Last edit: 18 Jun 2022 21:38 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, sornars, DarthJoJo

More
20 Jun 2022 13:37 - 20 Jun 2022 13:41 #333816 by ubarose
We started Dream Eaters. We split up the team, with Winnie and Father Mateo in the dream world, and Harvey Walters and Nate in the real world.

This one is so much fun, with all the zoogs and cats.

Also, large amounts of Exp available to be earned in the early scenarios, allowing quick access to the fun investigator cards.
Last edit: 20 Jun 2022 13:41 by ubarose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars, DarthJoJo

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.829 seconds