October 09, 2023
2545 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2739 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
24 Feb 2022 08:50 #331016 by hotseatgames
I do hope to play it co-op. But I totally get what you are saying. I never got it on Switch because I knew I'd never be able to read anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2022 12:14 #331073 by Jexik

DarthJoJo wrote: Started up a campaign of Final Fantasy Tactics on the PS1 because my brain has been too fried for anything else after 8 beside this and mindlessly scrolling YouTube.

I’m a little excited because I plan on running completely blind. I have no idea the recipes for the advanced jobs, what the best jobs are, what any skills do or anything. I’m going into the unknown.

Where are you at on this? Keep at it? I picked it up for my phone a couple weeks ago and have been playing it a stupid amount. Finally got a couple Ninja, which seems to have trivialized some things and reduced the amount of Job points I'm gaining. Might need to reconsider my strategy, heh.

More
25 Feb 2022 23:11 #331099 by Ah_Pook
Elden Ring is awesome. Also just really fucking hard, even for a From Software game. Basically think Breath of the Wild explorations vibes but also everything everywhere will just savagely murder you. Whats in this cool cave? Death. What's in this cool weird purple place? Death. I'm loving it a lot, but I could see it being quite off putting :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, hotseatgames, sornars

More
26 Feb 2022 10:39 #331103 by Gary Sax
I'm holding off till I hear better things about PC performance. But I won't be able to wait long...
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyBobThwarton

More
26 Feb 2022 11:02 #331104 by Ah_Pook
Dude you should definitely buy this right now. Just sayin :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
26 Feb 2022 12:15 #331108 by Disgustipater
I'm dying to play Elden Ring, but it's really bad timing for me at the moment. Hopefully I'll have time in a couple of weeks. Maybe the PC version will be patched by then.

More
26 Feb 2022 16:16 #331111 by Ah_Pook
The first story boss Elden Ring tells you to go fight is BRUTAL. I feel like I'd you tried to go there right away without doing other stuff you'd just get your face caved in. I've been doing other stuff all day and I'm way more leveled and he's still stomping me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Frohike, sornars, BillyBobThwarton

More
27 Feb 2022 01:38 #331115 by RobertB
My PS5-owning coworkers were talking up Horizon Forbidden West, so I bought Horizon Zero Dawn. So far it's really heavy on environment and story, and light on gear and sidequests. I'm still having fun with it. It's a gorgeous game, and the mechs are a hoot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars

More
27 Feb 2022 08:13 #331117 by Ah_Pook
The first horizon is probably my favorite story in a video game. I got really into it. The game was fun too but much more of a standard open world game than anything else. If the new one hasn't launched a week away from Elden Ring I would have grabbed it for sure. Still going to play it at some point.

Speaking of ER, I've played it for 19hrs since picking it up at ~330pm Friday so... Dunno. It's awesome. I finally (!!!) beat the shock and awe roadblock first story boss and an into the first proper story dungeon, which is basically an entire biome from Dark Souls couched in the middle of the open world. This game, man!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Frohike, sornars

More
28 Feb 2022 02:58 #331148 by Frohike

Gary Sax wrote: I'm holding off till I hear better things about PC performance. But I won't be able to wait long...

My son is playing it on a GTX 1070 with no issues. It seems to be well optimized for older GPUs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
28 Feb 2022 10:28 #331156 by Gary Sax
I've got a 3070 and I don't game at 4k so I should be good. I've read some weird performance stuff on PC that's very non-systematic.

More
09 Mar 2022 12:25 #331496 by jpat
Have cooled a bit for now on PC gaming and instead have been revisiting the Switch on our new, bigger TV. Looking forward to the Mario Kart 8 new tracks updates, but in the meantime I've been playing Fast RMX, a Switch launch title that is more or less a generic F-Zero with a color-switching mechanic wherein you try to match yellow and blue speed boosts and other things on the courses. Also been playing some old Soul Calibur and other fighting games in emulation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
14 Mar 2022 11:42 - 14 Mar 2022 11:51 #331597 by Rliyen
Had a nice weekend reconnecting with some old games, and some new DLC to freshen up some others.

Earlier this week I picked up the Mountain Master Heist in Payday 2. It's the last heist of the City of Gold campaign. Since you've tangled with the Golden Dagger Triad in the past, and made their lives miserable, a lieutenant makes contact with you. She explains that the fighting has become too great, and a change of leadership is needed. She essentially tells you to kill her boss, Yufu Wang, so she can take over and bring an end between hostilities between the triad and the Payday Gang. She also says that your payment will be the gold bullion that Wang has stashed in his penthouse apartment. What's not to like?

You can stealth the mission, but that's overrated. Going loud is much more fun, as it involves damage to elevators, destruction of heavily locked doors in creative ways, and running a high end car off the top of the penthouse. Also, the layout of the penthouse suite is gorgeous. Killing Wang is slightly surprising in how he's armed, but fun nonetheless.

Started playing Orion Prelude again. Essentially, High-tech versus Dinosaurs. Helped out a bunch of new players over the weekend, and that's always fun. It's also fun punching a T-Rex to death and watching their corpse deflate like a balloon goon. The Boy watched me play and I talked it up to him and also bought him a copy for the bank breaking cost of a buck.

Got back into Talisman: Digital Edition, too. Playing with the AI is weird, because they do-questionable-things (e.g. Good Assassin gets rid of Holy Lance, WTF?). They're also kind of paste eaters, moving about the board aimlessly, until SOMEONE makes an effort to get to the Crown. Then they're like, HOLY SHIT!

I did my usual thing, getting to the middle region and abusing the temple as much as possible (I was the sorceress). When my craft was 11, I popped into the Inner Region, went the craft route, fed the Mercenary to the Vampire Lord, killed the Pit Fiends with the Runesword, and then achieved the Crown and cast my FIRST COMMAND. 3. Shit. Next turn 2. FUCK! Next few turns-LOW ROLLS-(ME SCREAMING LIKE I HAVE TOURRETTES). Then, I notice the Assassin and that harassing bitch Prophetess making progress in the Inner Region. Then, I start making successful rolls...grinding them down. Prophetess made it to the Valley of Fire before croaking. Thief died before her. And the last one was the Assassin. First game I ever played to its completion and I won. Shocker.

Started playing Kill to Collect again, which is essentially Smash TV but with bounty hunters. The soundtrack is deep in the 80s feel, as well as the general aesthetics. It's also controller chuckingly difficult. Still love trying to get good at it though.
Last edit: 14 Mar 2022 11:51 by Rliyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
14 Mar 2022 16:30 #331603 by jpat
Sorta a hybrid, but when Nintendo put the Mario Kart Live karts for sale for Mar10 Day, we ended up buying a couple. My adult children . . . were basically not interested, but my wife and I thought it was pretty cool. The biggest drawback I observed, apart from price, is, as others have noted, the signal range is really short and is fairly easily disrupted by walls. We did manage to get the carts to make complete circuits of our kitchen/dining room/living room space (all hardwood laminate), but you can't really race like that given the lag, and running two karts of the same Switch may make that situation worse. HOWEVER, it was a good bit of fun bumping into walls, each other . . . even trying to find the starting point. And it's kinda fun seeing your living room on the teevee. I kept wondering whose stupid feet were in the way of my kart, and it usually turned out to be mine own.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyBobThwarton

More
16 Mar 2022 23:17 #331666 by hotseatgames
Still putting time into Elden Ring. A very cool game although I don't think I have the dexterity to ever actually be good at it.

I had Paradise Killer on my steam wishlist forever, and now it showed up on Game Pass so I downloaded it on PC. I can already tell that the soundtrack is fantastic, award-worthy.

Upcoming games I will be all over: 8 days until Tiny Tina's Wonderland, and May 26 for Sniper Elite 5.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.644 seconds