October 09, 2023
2515 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2715 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
06 Aug 2020 22:53 #312868 by hotseatgames
Wilmot's Warehouse is free right now on Epic Game Store. I just played a few rounds... this seems like a dangerous game. You organize stock in a warehouse, any way you like. Color, type, etc. It's up to you. You then have to fulfill customer requests by finding the items in your warehouse.

Seems like the kind of game you could go real hard on for a few days until you finally kick the habit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2020 22:56 #312869 by Gary Sax
Yeah, dangerous is the right word. Organizing that way could really get me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
07 Aug 2020 11:37 - 07 Aug 2020 11:39 #312873 by Not Sure

hotseatgames wrote: Wilmot's Warehouse is free right now on Epic Game Store. I just played a few rounds... this seems like a dangerous game. You organize stock in a warehouse, any way you like. Color, type, etc. It's up to you. You then have to fulfill customer requests by finding the items in your warehouse.

Seems like the kind of game you could go real hard on for a few days until you finally kick the habit.

That definitely sounds like some people's video crack.

For similar reasons, I have to ration the Zachtronics games for myself. Too many nights optimizing little machines and then discovering it's like 3am.
Last edit: 07 Aug 2020 11:39 by Not Sure. Reason: page spill, quote for context
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, hotseatgames

More
07 Aug 2020 13:16 #312877 by hotseatgames
The zachtronics stuff is cool. Unfortunately I make my living writing code so I don't want to do it as a leisure activity.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Not Sure

More
07 Aug 2020 16:50 - 07 Aug 2020 16:54 #312885 by Not Sure

hotseatgames wrote: The zachtronics stuff is cool. Unfortunately I make my living writing code so I don't want to do it as a leisure activity.

In theory so do I, but the amount of code I actually write has been declining on my career path. So the games fill the right dopamine receptors.

(Especially Molek-Syntez, where you're just assembling drugs with tiny little electron guns)

I do steer away from the "obviously code" ones in favor of the "little machines" ones, precisely because if I wanted to write assembly I know where to find it.
Last edit: 07 Aug 2020 16:54 by Not Sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, hotseatgames

More
07 Aug 2020 18:18 #312888 by RobertB

Not Sure wrote: ...if I wanted to write assembly I know where to find it.

Jeez, that stuff was a PITA back when my brain was still working. It always amazes me to see those old Atari 2600 games running on 4K.

More
08 Aug 2020 21:31 #312909 by Ah_Pook
I'm up to covenant 5 in Monster Train, and I finally unlocked the Umbra faction. Game continues to be excellent.

More
09 Aug 2020 14:55 #312923 by jason10mm
My oldest has discovered Fortnite..... may the gods have mercy on my patience...and my wallet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
09 Aug 2020 14:59 #312924 by Gary Sax
Beyond anything else, I find the aesthetic of Fortnite *really* off-putting for some reason.

More
09 Aug 2020 15:34 #312925 by jason10mm
I find almost everything about it off-putting. But I've been out of the FPS game for a while so I missed out on PUBG and all these battle Royale type games.

Last one I played significantly was Siege. Maybe Destiny 1.

More
09 Aug 2020 21:01 #312938 by charlest

Gary Sax wrote: Beyond anything else, I find the aesthetic of Fortnite *really* off-putting for some reason.

It's one of the most visually hideous games ever produced.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
16 Aug 2020 21:21 #313162 by BillyBobThwarton
Cleared level 14 of Monster Train using Umbral/Stygian today. Had the main that gained 7 damage/some health each time he gorged, paired with the unit that turns one morsel into two, paired with an artifact that doubles the effects of gorge effects, paired with cheap elite morsels (the blue ones). By the time the final boss showed up, that unit did around 950 damage a hit and I applied an effect that took away my economy but allowed for multi-strike. This game is ridiculously fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jexik, Ah_Pook

More
17 Aug 2020 09:30 #313176 by hotseatgames
I started replaying Blood, the old Build engine FPS. This was the most technically competent Build-era game, in my opinion. It also has really innovative levels and a creepy atmosphere. The gibberish that the cultists spout is also very memorable.

I'm also finding that I didn't remember how ridiculously hard this game is. I have had to resort to cheats just to keep adequate ammo and occasionally a health boost. That's fine though, I'm mainly playing just to relive all of the sights and sounds of the game. It's fantastic.

Rumors of a reboot have been stirring for a while; I'd be all on board for that. 3DRealms has an online expo coming up, and the trailer for it is voiced by the voice of Caleb (Blood's protagonist).

More
17 Aug 2020 10:43 #313181 by Rliyen

Ah_Pook wrote: Played a bunch of Fall Guys on PS4 last night, where it launched free. It's basically a battle royale version of the gameshow Wipeout. Each round is some kind of obstacle course or team game, and the bottom X performers are eliminated. It's very silly, and very fun. Also judging by it's twitch numbers and their servers getting destroyed it's hitting pretty big.

Picked it up Saturday, just to take a break from Destiny. Sweet Jesus, is it silly stupid fun. Some of the games go on for a bit too long (I'm looking at you, team ball rolling). But, the logic one is the best. Never been eliminated in that yet.

More
17 Aug 2020 11:10 #313183 by SebastianBludd
Fall Guys has taken over our PS4 at the moment. I've yet to win but the boys have won several times each. I can accept the RNG of being stuck with a bad team for the team games (I'm looking at you Egg Scramble, Fall Ball and Rock 'N Roll), but the tail-grabbing finale Royal Fumble needs to be retired.

The obstacle courses are ridiculously fun and nothing beats the first time you complete Slime Climb, and nothing is worse than being taken out of contention by a pileup in one of the doorways on Door Dash.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, jeb

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.619 seconds