October 09, 2023
2598 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2795 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
18 Mar 2020 10:26 #308252 by hotseatgames
Doom Eternal has been pre-loaded.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Gary Sax, Ah_Pook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2020 10:38 #308253 by Gary Sax
I drank a billion beers and played Stellaris last night. As a measure of my mental/emotional state, I left it on "normal" speed so that during the significant early game exploring and colonizing lulls I could just sit there and stare at the map, my mind preciously empty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, jeb, RobertB, ChristopherMD, lj1983, hotseatgames, Ah_Pook

More
18 Mar 2020 10:47 #308254 by hotseatgames
That's a lot of beer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
18 Mar 2020 11:18 #308256 by jeb
I finished DARK SOULS last week with my Dex guy. Stone Helm, Xanthous Robes and Leggings. Goddamn I looked amazing. I couldn't beat Artorias, so fucked off and killed Gwyn on the second try with six straight ripostes. Walked out and had the snake gods bowing to me, Welcome To The Age Of Dark, Bitches!

Rolling with a strength build now, if only to fucking clonk people on the head with the Zweihander. I am one-shotting Silver Knights BLADOW. I usually go at medium speed so I can where all of Smough's armor and look amazing. Imagine a golden marble with a sword bigger than God waddling towards you. That's my mood right now.

With the kids home, we're exploring the space a little. Been some OVERCOOKED, pass the controller Mystery Heroes in OVERWATCH, Wii FIT PLUS competitions, and I am working my way through GUITAR HERO again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, ThirstyMan

More
18 Mar 2020 11:39 #308258 by ChristopherMD
I'm still exploring the dungeons in Wizardry on PS3. Langrisser 1 & 2 are now out for PS4 though so I suspect it won't be long until I'm sucked into that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
18 Mar 2020 13:43 #308261 by Ah_Pook

Ah_Pook wrote: I grabbed a hidden object game that came out yesterday, real cute art and a Where's Waldo kind of vibe. I'm blanking on the name, but it might fit the bill.

It's called Hidden Through Time , btw

More
18 Mar 2020 14:36 #308265 by the_jake_1973
(PS4) I picked up Gran Turismo Sport for the VR mode and that led me to F1 2019. I may as well get better at driving during the quarantine.

More
18 Mar 2020 16:07 #308272 by Gary Sax
I've heard F1 2019 is very good.

More
19 Mar 2020 14:41 #308318 by Rliyen
Finally constructed the Bullet That Can Kill the Past in Enter the Gungeon, and tried to change the Pilot's past.

Let's just say, I was screaming, "THIS IS FUCKING BULLSHIT!" the entire time I tried (I failed, obviously).

So, I'm going to try to finish another Gungeoneer's past and save his for last.

I pre-ordered Exit the Gungeon last month, and it finally released a few days ago. I really like it, despite it's essentially a platforming shooter and retains one of the annoying concepts from Enter... The blessed weapon mechanic. Your gun morphs into a different one every few seconds. Play well, you get a good weapon. Play poorly, and you end up with the dreaded Klobbe. That's the only thing I'd change. Other than that, the gun puns come at you fast and furious. Worth the $10 buckitos I spent.

More
20 Mar 2020 11:20 #308369 by hotseatgames
Animal Crossing: New Horizons has been started, and so far it is as lovely as you might expect. I think it will be a wonderful respite from the real world in the coming days...weeks...months... sigh

Doom Eternal - I started level 1, which went on longer than expected and is still going. Secrets abound, and you have a constant need to glory kill for health and chainsaw for ammo. It is similar to Doom 2016 but much more mobile, giving you a double jump from the start. This will be my anti-Animal Crossing when needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Gary Sax, Frohike, BillyBobThwarton, WadeMonnig

More
20 Mar 2020 13:43 #308376 by WadeMonnig
Picked up Animal Crossing for the Kiddos last night, which meant family game night ended about 1 am when the game finished downloading,

More
20 Mar 2020 15:30 #308378 by Legomancer
I have a dumb question. What does one DO in Animal Crossing. I thought maybe it's what I'm looking for but I can't figure out what the gameplay is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyBobThwarton

More
20 Mar 2020 15:41 #308379 by Ah_Pook
You wander around, talk to your neighbors, get bells on various ways, spend bells decorating or upgrading things, Work on the museum collection...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
20 Mar 2020 15:50 - 20 Mar 2020 16:04 #308380 by Gary Sax
Closest analogy you might have played is Stardew Valley, but more freeform and focused on the AI "social"/neighbors aspect. It hasn't clicked with me in the last 10 years or so, but I've become more task oriented as a gamer over that time. Maybe as my free time has gone down? Not sure.

I know you enjoy the freeform nature of No Man's Sky, so while there's no exploring in this game, the general lack of concrete direction may appeal to you if that's a thing that draws you to No Man's Sky. There's also no explicit conflict and even the implicit conflict, like paying Tom Nook back, has no time urgency or pressure.
Last edit: 20 Mar 2020 16:04 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike, Ah_Pook

More
20 Mar 2020 17:33 #308387 by dysjunct
Bought and played a “real” games for the first time in five years, STELLARIS. A friend is really into it and wanted to do multiplayer with some other people from our VOIP DCC group. It’s ... okay? Obviously very well done and has a ton of detail. But really, too much for my taste. I’m just not into big and sprawling games anymore. Mostly because I don’t have time. If I have a free minute, I can play my turn in the TTA app. If I have a free five minutes, I can play a match in Clash Royale. But setting aside a couple hours ... just not feasible with any regularity, even with quarantine. I have a kid who needs attention, and too much to do around the house. Maybe someday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, BillyBobThwarton

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.661 seconds