Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Playtesters wanted for Project: Kaiju on TTS

More
27 Feb 2021 14:00 #319826 by Josh Look
Hey everyone!

Engineer Al and I have been working on a game for two years now and we're finally ready to show it off to a wider audience via Tabletop Simulator.

This is a medium weight two player skirmish game of giant monsters and downtown destruction. Fueled by our love of Godzilla, Gamera and Pacific Rim, this is the giant monster game we've always wanted play. Something that delivered the "big, dumb fun" you expect to see in the genre but still offer some smart, tactical and strategic gameplay with plenty of tough decisions. Very inspired by the Conan system and the asymmetry of Root, yet still doing something very different from those games. Experienced players take about an hour.

If this sounds like something you'd like to check out, we'd love to set something up with you. Our availability is from 8 PM to 10:30 PM EST, Monday through Thursday. I also have a window on Saturdays, usually from 11:00 am to 2 PM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, MattFantastic, Gary Sax, Sagrilarus, hotseatgames, sornars, DarthJoJo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Feb 2021 19:41 #319851 by Sagrilarus
If I was available tomorrow evening, a) how would we go about connecting, and b) are there recommended libations for the session? We’re talking lizards 12 stories tall after all.

More
28 Feb 2021 19:53 #319853 by Josh Look
We do voice chat over Discord. There's one in the It Came From the Tabletop channel. Once there, getting everyone into the game is discussed.

For libations, I might have to defer to Al. I'm the better part of 6 month sober, but I can say that a healthy amount of tequila and burbon went into this game and they seemed to serve us well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
28 Feb 2021 22:12 #319859 by Sagrilarus
Aight. I’ll tune in at 8 and see if you can scare up an opponent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Look

More
01 Mar 2021 08:16 #319864 by Josh Look
Anyone want to go up against Sag? Al and I don't mind sitting back and watching.

More
01 Mar 2021 11:28 #319874 by Sagrilarus
I may be able to do another day. Or next Monday.

More
01 Mar 2021 13:07 #319878 by Count Orlok

Sagrilarus wrote: I may be able to do another day. Or next Monday.

I'll give it a shot if you're interested today. I don't really have anything on my schedule (pandemic) so other days would be fine with me too.

I've got some playtesting of my own coming down the pipeline, so maybe someone can help me out with that at some point.

Just let me know when, where, and what I need to do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Look, engineer Al

More
01 Mar 2021 14:24 #319880 by engineer Al
Awesome! See you guys tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

More
01 Mar 2021 15:20 #319885 by Josh Look
Here's the link to our Discord channel.

ICFTT Discord

We'll meet in the voice channel on there at 8 and we'll talk server/password for TTS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
01 Mar 2021 16:47 #319890 by Sagrilarus
Alright, Steam is updated, TableTop Simulator is installed. Beer is chilling.

More
03 Mar 2021 14:33 - 03 Mar 2021 14:39 #319988 by Count Orlok
It was a brutal match between Not-Kong (whose name escapes me) and Not-Zilla (whose name eludes me). The two brutal beasts faced off in the tight city corridors, leveling buildings to build up energy reserves and provoke the pathetic human armies. Our Lizard Friend built up his radioactive energies unleashing them upon the pathetic ape and toppling hospitals left and right. Mr Ape scrambled about picking up tanks and scaling buildings only to toss the hulking wreckage directly onto the head of the reptilian menace. This was quickly followed by a devastating jaw breaking attack which limited the Impervious Iguana's offensive potential. Wounded and singed, the Master of all Zillas performed a spectacular flying kick but was unable to destroy the Simian Monarch. With one last hope, the Big Ape climbed a skyscraper and with one final leap attack struck the heavily-defended Big Lizard sending him tumbling into a fire and his untimely end.

If you get a chance check out this design. It was no chore to playtest and provided a fun, streamlined, and tactical monster battle.
Last edit: 03 Mar 2021 14:39 by Count Orlok.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Jackwraith, Josh Look, engineer Al, sornars, WadeMonnig

More
03 Mar 2021 14:40 #319990 by Josh Look
One health left for each party on the last round of the game. Even as a spectator, it was a total nailbiter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Count Orlok

More
03 Mar 2021 14:43 #319991 by Sagrilarus
Was very pleased I got to use the tail-swipe attack.

Honestly, if Kong hadn't had the height advantage from coming down off the building I think I would have had him. It was down to inches.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Count Orlok, Josh Look, engineer Al, sornars

More
03 Mar 2021 14:57 - 03 Mar 2021 14:58 #319994 by hotseatgames
I'm free to play Thursday night, if possible.
Last edit: 03 Mar 2021 14:58 by hotseatgames.

More
03 Mar 2021 15:01 #319996 by Josh Look

hotseatgames wrote: I'm free to play Thursday night, if possible.

I'm down. We've got a couple rules tweaks I'd like to test out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds