Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Gaming on Tabletop Simulator

More
26 Apr 2020 22:42 #309658 by hotseatgames
I'd be up for trying to get a game of Theseus going this week if you are interested.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2020 23:49 #309661 by Disgustipater
More Pax Pamir works for me.

More
27 Apr 2020 00:29 #309663 by Not Sure
I'd play more Pax (or Root). I'd also like to try Theseus, it's always been interesting but I've never played it.

Definitely ping me about finishing that JC game, I should have time most evenings this week.

More
27 Apr 2020 01:15 #309665 by Jackwraith
Pax Pamir, Root, or Theseus works for me, too.

More
27 Apr 2020 10:35 #309675 by JoelCFC25
You're pushing me to the brink of buying this thing--I should have done it when it was on sale recently. I'm not reliably available until 8 PM Central, but that's still early for you guys out west.

I still haven't managed to get my friends onto live VASSAL for testing my Root overhaul and the more I see TTS, the more it looks like it might be best of breed for smaller titles that are playable in a single sitting, even with no or relatively few automations.

More
27 Apr 2020 18:35 #309713 by Scott_F
I'm in for any of Pax Pamir, Root, Cosmic Frog, Ankh.

More
27 Apr 2020 21:29 #309716 by Disgustipater
I should also add that I am interested in Root and Cosmic Frog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
28 Apr 2020 18:58 #309766 by DukeofChutney
I've tried War of the Ring - worked pretty well, but got Shelob'd with a 6!, and Fire in the Lake so far.

Im in the UK, but if i can work time zones to a reasonable degree i'd play games with folks on here.

More
29 Apr 2020 06:48 #309773 by thegiantbrain
No official word yet but it looks like Asmodee are issuing Takedown notices for a lot of their games that are on TTS.

More
29 Apr 2020 08:49 #309775 by Sagrilarus

thegiantbrain wrote: No official word yet but it looks like Asmodee are issuing Takedown notices for a lot of their games that are on TTS.

Asmodee's new slogan -- "We make hard times worse."
The following user(s) said Thank You: birdman37

More
29 Apr 2020 09:58 - 29 Apr 2020 10:01 #309776 by sornars
It's the ghost of GW fan relations: www.toynews-online.biz/2020/03/27/asmode...e-licensing-manager/

If long term this means we'll get competent implementations through dedicated apps then I'll get excited for that but the implementation of Arkham Horror LCG was pretty damn competent and will be tough to beat.
Last edit: 29 Apr 2020 10:01 by sornars.

More
29 Apr 2020 10:38 - 29 Apr 2020 10:49 #309779 by Disgustipater
A bunch of the Arkham Horror 2e/3e and LCG mods (as well as others) have been taken down. They still work for me because I was already subscribed to them (not sure if save files are necessary, but I have those too), but I'm not sure how long that will last. Luckily I used a backup tool the night before so I'll still have backups even if they do get removed from my account.

I'll be really curious if they remove the TI4 mod, as the community is pretty huge and dedicated. Not that that would stop them, but still.
Last edit: 29 Apr 2020 10:49 by Disgustipater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
29 Apr 2020 10:47 #309780 by Gary Sax
Makes sense if they use art and such. You'd think the easy move here is to just make their own and charge a la Cosmic Encounter.

More
29 Apr 2020 10:56 #309781 by Not Sure
The business move is "make their own and charge", but I don't think that's the "easy move".

Instead, they'll pull them and years later nothing official will have ever shipped because it's not a priority.

"Make hard times worse" is about right, but "while you think you're helping" is the real kicker.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars, Erik Twice

More
29 Apr 2020 10:58 #309782 by Gary Sax
Yeah, I'm with you. It's too bad you couldn't simply license some of these better mods, kick a little money to the mod creator, and then put them up at some modest price. Everyone would win, but that's not the way our rat's nest of copyright law works nor would they want to be seen as "encouraging" this sort of behavior.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds