Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Gaming on Tabletop Simulator

More
12 Apr 2020 18:23 - 12 Apr 2020 18:24 #309192 by Oatmeal
I honestly don't think anyone who has played more than a few games would agree that the UI is "shitty". Tabletop Simulator is a very, very, good way to play many games online that feels as close to the real thing as you can possibly get.

There is indeed a very slight learning curve, but once you get used to it games take about the same amount of time as they do in real life

For those without your own private group, this is a very well-populated discord server (TTSClub) for finding people to play games with (check the #read-this-first channel to get access to the other channels): discord.gg/AEsgyyG
Last edit: 12 Apr 2020 18:24 by Oatmeal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Dr. Mabuse, Scott_F

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2020 08:37 #309201 by Legomancer
Is it possible to enter a game on TTS and just watch without playing?

More
13 Apr 2020 08:55 #309203 by Gary Sax
Yes, totally. We had digustipater drop in for a couple minutes during our first Root game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Legomancer

More
21 Apr 2020 10:29 #309460 by Gary Sax
Any interest in Root or Pax 2nd on Thursday or Friday? We could do our usual 12pst or some other time. I can work around it.

Also, my big ambition is to get at least two of you all together for a longer game---John Company. I can teach if needed and it has a TTS I'll check out today. Let me know if there's any interest, that's a game we'd have to schedule around.

More
21 Apr 2020 11:01 #309465 by Jackwraith
Am interested in any/all.

More
21 Apr 2020 12:18 #309471 by Gary Sax
John Company TTS looks real straightforward for those brave souls who want to play it with me.

I'll see on replies on Root, Jackwraith, and update this thread. If we get an acceptable vague time I'll post a separate thread, as well. I had someone post and say they could only play in the evening. I can play in the evening but it's a bit inconvenient.

More
21 Apr 2020 12:31 - 21 Apr 2020 12:34 #309473 by Disgustipater
I’m always in for Root, and while I don’t know anything about John Company or Pax Pamir aside from chatter here, I’m up to learn.

The issue is I can only play in the evenings after 6pm PDT on weekdays. Weekends are open. So I understand if that doesn’t work for other people.

Though I suppose I could host my own Root game for people who are available in the evening, if there’s interest.
Last edit: 21 Apr 2020 12:34 by Disgustipater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
21 Apr 2020 12:31 #309474 by hotseatgames
I can probably do Thursday or Friday. Root is the only one of those I've ever played.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
21 Apr 2020 18:54 - 21 Apr 2020 18:59 #309486 by Gary Sax
I can do Root or Pamir 2nd evening later this week. We could do an evening game, like 7 pacific on Thursday? I can walk the dogs early.

I could do a weeknight next week or probably best sometime during the weekend for John Company if you guys are interested...? My understanding is that it's not like an all day game but it's def longer than root. We probably don't want to go over like 4 players if it's a first time thing as well. Definitely take a look and see if you're interested, it's a niche type economic game with negotation and risk.
Last edit: 21 Apr 2020 18:59 by Gary Sax.

More
21 Apr 2020 20:49 #309489 by Not Sure
I'll make time for John Company if there's a game scheduled. Let me know.

I'd also be in for the others if I can make them, but daytimes aren't great.

More
22 Apr 2020 00:16 #309495 by Gary Sax
Not Sure, I just played through a 4 turn solo game to relearn the rules (company collapse). I'm ready to teach for whomever wants to brave the game.

Maybe Saturday or Sunday? I need to check with my spouse, but maybe late morning for me, like a 10 or 11 pst?

More
22 Apr 2020 10:39 #309512 by Disgustipater

Gary Sax wrote: I can do Root or Pamir 2nd evening later this week. We could do an evening game, like 7 pacific on Thursday?

I can do that. Either game works, but I wouldn't mind trying Pax Pamir. I'm reading the rules right now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
22 Apr 2020 11:31 #309519 by Gary Sax
ok, let me split out some discussions of games then!

Also, not sure, PM or e-mail me your discord and steam name. I've been using my friends and family discord to run voice for games and TTS is via steam.

More
22 Apr 2020 14:58 #309539 by Ah_Pook
ive been playing Yinsh with my dad and brother pretty regularly, as background for shooting the shit. its a good time. probably going to learn the rest of the Gipf games before to long, just to have some available rotation. I have actual copies of Yinsh and Zertz, but have never played the other ones.

More
26 Apr 2020 22:40 #309657 by Gary Sax
Anyone interested in any tabletop simulator this week? We taught Pax Pamir 2nd so that would make sense, playing another game for those who just learned such a dense system. Or we could do some Root, or almost anything else. I wouldn't mind doing some Cosmic Encounter some day too (you have to buy that one as paid DLC).

I have some stuff going on but it isn't overwhelming. Not Sure and I need to pick up our 2 player John Company at some point too.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds