Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Gaming on Tabletop Simulator

More
30 Nov 2020 19:50 #316714 by Ah_Pook
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2304263258

I am interested in playing Faiyum if 1-4 of you guys want to learn a cool new Friedman Friese game. The mod my friend made is pretty great. Tomorrow evening, anyone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2020 14:28 #316955 by Ah_Pook
Games I'm interested in playing on TTS tonight:

The Edge: Dawnfall (2p, haven't tried the TTS mod)
Marvel Champions (probably best 2p?)
Faiyum: plays up to 5, probably run long first time through

Let me know if anyone wants in!

More
09 Dec 2020 14:40 #316956 by hotseatgames
I would be in for Dawnfall. BUT Cyberpunk unlocks this evening.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ah_Pook

More
09 Dec 2020 14:57 #316958 by Gary Sax
Would you be up for teaching me Marvel Champions tonight?

More
09 Dec 2020 15:11 #316959 by Ah_Pook
Sure we can do that :) what times good?

More
09 Dec 2020 22:31 #316967 by Gary Sax
Ah_Pook is a great game teacher, thanks so much! Looking forward to playing Marvel Champions again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, Ah_Pook

More
10 Dec 2020 00:07 #316972 by Ah_Pook

Gary Sax wrote: Ah_Pook is a great game teacher, thanks so much! Looking forward to playing Marvel Champions again.

Appreciate it, was my pleasure :) I'm deep down the Marvel Champions rabbit hole, as you might have noticed heh. Hopefully it'll land with your nephew/brother.

More
13 Dec 2020 20:00 #317127 by Ah_Pook
I messed around with the Dawnfall TTS mod and it seems totally fine and functional. I'm free most evenings, and I am interested in playing Dawnfall with anyone who might wish to. It's a 2p skirmish game, should take about an hour a match, and the teach shouldn't be too bad at all. Message me here or on discord sometime if you wanna do the monster mash :)

More
17 Dec 2020 09:56 #317274 by Ah_Pook
I would be very interested in playing Space Empires 4x on TTS of there are other interested parties. I haven't messed with the mod yet, but if we've got interested parties I'll poke at it. It would be a long TTS game, do we would need to schedule probably a weekend day for it.

More
17 Dec 2020 10:59 #317276 by Gary Sax
The VASSAL module might be a better choice if you want to play a wargame like Space Empires. They often have well developed VASSAL modules.

More
17 Dec 2020 11:17 #317281 by Ah_Pook
I've never used vassal, though I'm up for learning it for sure.

More
01 Feb 2021 17:10 - 01 Feb 2021 17:17 #318688 by Count Orlok
I've tried to host Tabletop Simulator games assuming - wrongly, I find out - that people have nothing better to do with a global pandemic on. Almost no one has shown up except the guy who recently got divorced. At first, I at least got a perfunctory message of apology after we started, but even that's dried up.

Honestly, I'm pretty gutted. This last year started on a bad professional note for me even before the pandemic started, and it's been downhill ever since. I had really hoped to be able to move back to an urban area and seek out new opportunities, but that's all been dashed with the pandemic in the meantime. It feels like such a personal slight that people who spend dozens and dozens of hours playing video games a week can't be bothered to try showing up. I had hoped that the pandemic would mean people would be more willing to reconnect using technology, but that seems to have been a foolish notion.

How have you all managed? Has anyone actually succeeded in starting a regular game group on TTS?
Last edit: 01 Feb 2021 17:17 by Count Orlok.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nodens

More
01 Feb 2021 17:20 - 01 Feb 2021 17:21 #318689 by Gary Sax
I vacillate. We had a most Saturdays TTS game going on here/Discord for a while. Then sometimes I can't think about playing an online game for a month or whatever. It really depends.

If I were you and I weren't overly concerned about the people I play with, I would seek out Discord communities of any reasonably popular game you like to play, Count. There are a bunch of Discord communities that are super tuned into TTS. You can get a game of any leder game release, for example, at the drop of a hat if you subscribe to the Woodland Warriors Discord. There are also other official versions of game on stuff like Boardgamearena that will have a vibrant community of people always looking for a game.
Last edit: 01 Feb 2021 17:21 by Gary Sax.

More
01 Feb 2021 18:54 #318693 by hotseatgames
I think my group has met up on TTS 4 times since all of this. In the "before times", we would have met up probably 12 times.

It's just such a pain in the ass, takes twice as long, and frankly doesn't provide me any of the social interaction I play board games for in the first place.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, WadeMonnig

More
01 Feb 2021 19:24 #318697 by dysjunct
Not TTS, but I've been running a Saturday night RPG of Dungeon Crawl Classics. Attendance has been okay with sporadic flakiness. It's not the same. I'm good for about 2-3 hours, tops, before getting tired of staring at a damn screen. I think people feel more willing to cancel on a virtual group than a real life one where, among other things, valuable snacks and beer might go to someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.864 seconds