October 09, 2023
2455 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Welcome to one of the oldest board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true.

We are really happy to have you here. Unfortunately, being online we can't bond with you over a game so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now, you'll just have to take our word for it.

This site has always thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. You never need to prove your “gamer cred” here. Whether you have been playing board games for a few months or a few decades; whether you have a huge collection or a small one; whether you have been a member here for years or just joined today – your opinion is valued here.

We know that it can be intimidating to jump into a new community and want to assure you that this is NOT the kind of forum where people will tell you that you posted something in the wrong place, or that you should have found an existing thread on the topic, or that you shouldn’t have resurrected an old thread.

So if you find a thread or an article discussion that interests you, whether it is old or new, feel free to jump in. Want to discuss a specific game or board gaming related topic just start a new topic. If you don’t know which forum to put it in, just make your best guess (we really don’t care all that much. It’s easy enough for a moderator to move it or merge it, if necessary).

A good place to get started is by introducing yourself in the “New Members Introduce Yourself” thread (below) or by telling us what you have been playing in the “What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?" thread ( therewillbe.games/forum/35-mos-eisley-ca...ave-you-been-playing ).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing from you.

New Members Introduce Yourself

More
19 Oct 2011 19:15 #105895 by Juniper

Dr. Mabuse wrote: [Shouting gansta style]: WESS COAST!!!

Uh-oh. FortressAT was the last place I'd expect to see violent Canadian-on-Canadian hiphop feuds.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2011 20:15 #105911 by Hatchling

Dr. Mabuse wrote: Typical Torontonian reaction.

[Shouting gansta style]: WESS COAST!!!

When I think of west coasters shouting, I imagine it's because they've climbed all the way to the top of a mountain only to realize that their Yoga mat has worn too thin. :P

More
20 Oct 2011 12:24 #105978 by Citadel

MattDP wrote: It's a mini game convention for UK users of this site that Jazzbeaux organised in Trowbridge this year. We're planning to do it again next year :)

Wow, I've been away too long. I'd be interested in coming along next year.

More
20 Oct 2011 16:14 #106004 by SaMoKo
Sup fellow Toronto dudes. This city sucks, can't wait to move back to BC.

More
20 Oct 2011 16:46 #106005 by Dr. Mabuse
Atta boy...er... girl?

More
20 Oct 2011 17:37 #106013 by SaMoKo
Confusing, I know!

More
21 Oct 2011 06:50 #106064 by imrahil327

Ken B. wrote:

imrahil327 wrote: Hey all. I've had an account for a while but haven't posted here. I am a stay-at-home dad and an Advocate for the Star Wars CCG Players' Committee. I also run the main fan site for Warlord: Saga of the Storm CCG. I have shared a bed (and a pool) with Black Barney.

Imrahil from Decktech? If so, holy cow man, welcome!

Yep, that's me :) There aren't THAT many guys Black Barney has shared beds with...I hope :(

Decktech is realllllly slow these days, and I find myself playing more board games, so I figured I'd wander over here.

More
21 Oct 2011 12:53 #106077 by Stephen Avery

Yep, that's me :) There aren't THAT many guys Black Barney has shared beds with...I hope :(

You'd be surprised. Peeps around here started to refer to him as "Sit & Spin." Exept for Loter who just called him "Honey Badger."

Steve"Rouser of Rabble"Avery

More
21 Oct 2011 16:10 #106105 by Ken B.

imrahil327 wrote: Decktech is realllllly slow these days, and I find myself playing more board games, so I figured I'd wander over here.

Yeah man...I love Neal to death, but when I left Decktech, this is where I went...me and a freaking awesome crew of folks started this website.

Believe it or not, before I left there I was lobbying Neal to change his website to include more boardgame and entertainment stuff (I don't know if you remember the "Wastelands" experiment?) In fact one of the last things I really did in an admin capacity there was help him clean up that portion of the site so that he could do the movie review threads.

Anyway, with authoring, policing the forums (HA!), playing an assload of boardgames, and just life in general, I haven't had time to pop back by DT much.

So lure some of those fuckers over here from time to time, y'know?

(Patty, why haven't you gotten Jedi Genius (Brandon) over here yet, anyway?)

More
21 Oct 2011 16:16 #106107 by Matt Thrower

Stephen Avery wrote: Peeps around here started to refer to him as "Sit & Spin." Exept for Loter who just called him "Honey Badger."

I thought it was "Spit & Sin".

More
22 Oct 2011 09:24 #106196 by imrahil327
Yeah, the wastelands thing was kind of a mess, it would've been cool if this idea had formed on DT, but this BBS is better than the Buzz Boards (as much as I love 'em!). I will definitely mention it to the few folks who still post over there. Brandon and I aren't exactly friends (heh), but Nitsuj still talks board games on DT, he'd probably like it over here.

More
22 Oct 2011 13:15 #106202 by Ken B.

imrahil327 wrote: Yeah, the wastelands thing was kind of a mess, it would've been cool if this idea had formed on DT, but this BBS is better than the Buzz Boards (as much as I love 'em!). I will definitely mention it to the few folks who still post over there. Brandon and I aren't exactly friends (heh), but Nitsuj still talks board games on DT, he'd probably like it over here.

Oh yeah man, how in the flying fuck did I forget Nitsuj? He and I go way back. I should've invited him personally years ago. Thing is, I forget my DT password and have to have it reset every time I want to get on there, which is only every so often. Will you do the honors and tell me you, me, and Patty are here, and to get his ass over here stat?

Brandon too, man.

More
22 Oct 2011 16:33 #106211 by imrahil327
Will do! :)

More
22 Oct 2011 18:30 - 22 Oct 2011 18:35 #106220 by Black Barney
you know what's funny about the Wastelands, Ken? That's pretty much the only place where Chris and I chit-chat cuz it's the ONLY place which has a dedicated board game thread.

Man, it's so awesome that Schoenthal is here. What a sweet, sweet can.

Ok, I'll go work on Brandon too. He's fun to talk too. He'll love the iphone gaming thread. He mostly plays video games and talks tech now tho. I don't think he plays board games. Oh, and he eats a lot of wisconsin cheese

maybe we should get Enrique "MaxofTat" Huerta to come over here too. He says the only reason he even goes to DT anymore is to talk to us. He's big into video games now and is still a super competitive chess player and judge.

ok, i invited Brandon personally. Hope he comes
Last edit: 22 Oct 2011 18:35 by Black Barney.

More
24 Oct 2011 18:54 #106330 by boothwah
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds