October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2508 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Welcome to one of the oldest board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true.

We are really happy to have you here. Unfortunately, being online we can't bond with you over a game so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now, you'll just have to take our word for it.

This site has always thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. You never need to prove your “gamer cred” here. Whether you have been playing board games for a few months or a few decades; whether you have a huge collection or a small one; whether you have been a member here for years or just joined today – your opinion is valued here.

We know that it can be intimidating to jump into a new community and want to assure you that this is NOT the kind of forum where people will tell you that you posted something in the wrong place, or that you should have found an existing thread on the topic, or that you shouldn’t have resurrected an old thread.

So if you find a thread or an article discussion that interests you, whether it is old or new, feel free to jump in. Want to discuss a specific game or board gaming related topic just start a new topic. If you don’t know which forum to put it in, just make your best guess (we really don’t care all that much. It’s easy enough for a moderator to move it or merge it, if necessary).

A good place to get started is by introducing yourself in the “New Members Introduce Yourself” thread (below) or by telling us what you have been playing in the “What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?" thread ( therewillbe.games/forum/35-mos-eisley-ca...ave-you-been-playing ).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing from you.

New Members Introduce Yourself

More
27 Oct 2011 19:12 #106578 by Ken B.

ubarose wrote:

Black Barney wrote: Yeah, you'll have to ask Ken about any potential blank thread. Uba would never go for that I suspect.

I don't make the rules. I just execute the decisions made by the staff once consensus is reached. The only things that I tend to have strong opinions about regarding this site are techincal issues and stuff that makes excessive and unnecessary work much work for me.

Well, Enrique has a habit of posting pictures of half-naked women in well-hidden threads. I think our forum software is as such where that technique doesn't work here.

Which is hilarious because Enrique is one of the most mild-mannered, nicest guys you'll ever deal with. But he likes his T&A.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2011 19:30 - 27 Oct 2011 19:31 #106580 by Xlyce

ubarose wrote:

Black Barney wrote: Yeah, you'll have to ask Ken about any potential blank thread. Uba would never go for that I suspect.

I don't make the rules. I just execute the decisions made by the staff once consensus is reached. The only things that I tend to have strong opinions about regarding this site are techincal issues and stuff that makes excessive and unnecessary work much work for me.

And yet you still allow people to post here. ;)
Last edit: 27 Oct 2011 19:31 by Xlyce.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notahandle

More
27 Oct 2011 20:46 #106582 by bomber

Ken B. wrote:
Which is hilarious because Enrique is one of the most mild-mannered, nicest guys you'll ever deal with. But he likes his T&A.

Do these things have to be mutually exclusive? ;-)

More
27 Oct 2011 20:49 #106583 by Ken B.

ldsdbomber wrote:

Ken B. wrote:

Do these things have to be mutually exclusive? ;-)

LOL...guess not, I'm as good an example as any, heh.

More
27 Oct 2011 21:12 - 27 Oct 2011 21:14 #106586 by maxoftat

Ken B. wrote: Well, Enrique has a habit of posting pictures of half-naked women in well-hidden threads. I think our forum software is as such where that technique doesn't work here.

Well... in a previous life I was an upstanding representative of a game to the community. Then one day I retired and now I over compensate to make up for lost time. The truth is that my bark is a lot worse than my bite, but letting the demons out while I visit the shadows allows me to remain normal in the real world.

It's like a vampire that drinks animal blood instead so that I don't go crazy on the woman I love.

So... there's no blank thread and any thread I post to automatically bumps to the recent topics page? Hmmm... this will be a challenge.

- EJ
Last edit: 27 Oct 2011 21:14 by maxoftat.

More
27 Oct 2011 21:59 - 27 Oct 2011 22:00 #106587 by ubarose

Ken B. wrote:

ubarose wrote:

Well, Enrique has a habit of posting pictures of half-naked women in well-hidden threads. I think our forum software is as such where that technique doesn't work here.

FYI, I prefer brunetts.
Last edit: 27 Oct 2011 22:00 by ubarose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
27 Oct 2011 22:07 #106588 by Black Barney
oh SNAP, Uba is in! ok kiki, you got your work cut out of you.

Let's start soft with that Aussie model that Leo was reportedly dating. That pic is teh awesome

More
27 Oct 2011 23:21 #106591 by maxoftat

ubarose wrote: FYI, I prefer brunetts.

Someone after my own heart! But we have to test this further...

Which Party of Five cast member is the best looking?

Neve Campbell
Lacey Chabert
Jennifer Love Hewitt

Don't answer too quickly. Think about this carefully. Our relationship depends on this.

- EJ

More
28 Oct 2011 02:13 #106599 by boothwah

maxoftat wrote:

Neve Campbell
Lacey Chabert
Jennifer Love Hewitt

Don't answer too quickly. Think about this carefully. Our relationship depends on this.

- EJ

Ummm....Paula Devicq - sheesh Kiki - put the blonde on the list.

More
28 Oct 2011 02:37 #106600 by Ken B.

maxoftat wrote:

Neve Campbell
Lacey Chabert
Jennifer Love Hewitt

- EJ

I just cheated and looked at Patty McSully's answer sheet. He chose "Matthew Fox."
The following user(s) said Thank You: imrahil327

More
28 Oct 2011 03:00 #106601 by Ancient_of_MuMu

maxoftat wrote:

Neve Campbell
Lacey Chabert
Jennifer Love Hewitt

- EJ

This is one of those ones where the winner is decided by disqualification of other contenders, rather than through merit of the winner. Lacey Chabert reeks of pedophilia, and Jennifer Love Hewitt is too scrawny to be attractive. Thus Neve Campbell by default of being the only passable one of the bunch.

More
28 Oct 2011 03:39 #106602 by Black Barney
Like hell I would have chosen Matthew Fox, everyone knows Scott Wolf is the REAL fox. The things I would do to--

I know kiki has a thing for Lacey but she doesn't do it for me at all. She's like the child version of Shannon Elisabeth.

I think the answer is Neve Campbell until she takes her top off (EWWWWWW), so I gotta give it to JLH all the way. She was the ONLY reason I'd watch that show.

Next up, which Gilmore Girl would you rather nail? MAN, that's a tough question.

More
28 Oct 2011 16:05 #106637 by maxoftat

Black Barney wrote: I know kiki has a thing for Lacey but she doesn't do it for me at all. She's like the child version of Shannon Elisabeth.

1. How many different names of me can we use to confuse Uba? (maxoftat, Enrique, EJ, Kiki, Horse Johnson...)

2. And what's wrong with Shannon Elizabeth? It's with a "Z" you crazy francophile!

3. No giving out the answer. I need to see if Uba and I are kindred spirits!!!

Black Barney wrote: Next up, which Gilmore Girl would you rather nail? MAN, that's a tough question.

I had to IMDB to see who you were talking about... I choose Frances Bay .

- EJ

More
28 Oct 2011 17:30 #106643 by Black Barney
you idiot, I was talking about Gilmore Girls. There's the mom and the daughter. They're both super hawt in different ways.

More
28 Oct 2011 22:51 #106655 by ubarose

Attachment neve-campbelljpg.jpg not found

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.568 seconds