October 09, 2023
2287 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2504 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Welcome to one of the oldest board game communities on the Internet. That may sound like hyperbole but it really is true.

We are really happy to have you here. Unfortunately, being online we can't bond with you over a game so you'd know right away how happy we are to meet you. For now, you'll just have to take our word for it.

This site has always thrived on lively discussion and spirited but civil debate. We hope that newcomers here will find a welcoming atmosphere where game enthusiasts of all levels of experience and commitment will have something to add to the conversation. You never need to prove your “gamer cred” here. Whether you have been playing board games for a few months or a few decades; whether you have a huge collection or a small one; whether you have been a member here for years or just joined today – your opinion is valued here.

We know that it can be intimidating to jump into a new community and want to assure you that this is NOT the kind of forum where people will tell you that you posted something in the wrong place, or that you should have found an existing thread on the topic, or that you shouldn’t have resurrected an old thread.

So if you find a thread or an article discussion that interests you, whether it is old or new, feel free to jump in. Want to discuss a specific game or board gaming related topic just start a new topic. If you don’t know which forum to put it in, just make your best guess (we really don’t care all that much. It’s easy enough for a moderator to move it or merge it, if necessary).

A good place to get started is by introducing yourself in the “New Members Introduce Yourself” thread (below) or by telling us what you have been playing in the “What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?" thread ( therewillbe.games/forum/35-mos-eisley-ca...ave-you-been-playing ).

Have fun, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Greetings

More
25 Sep 2015 13:07 #211330 by R.P.Kraul
Greetings was created by R.P.Kraul
I've been lurking for a bit. Just got back into the hobby earlier this year. It's nice to have a place where ... well, I guess the name says it all. I prefer horror and darker themes in board games--or at least where I get to kill stuff and get killed by stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, jeb, OldHippy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Sep 2015 13:19 #211334 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Greetings
I'm more of an Edward Pretorious man, myself. Humans are such easy prey.

Welcome aboard!

More
25 Sep 2015 13:46 #211336 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Greetings
You have come to the right place. The only horror board games worth playing are generally Ameritrash.

My favorites:

1. Arkham Horror
2. The Hills Rise Wild
3. Fury of Dracula
4. Death Angel
5. The Gothic Game

More
25 Sep 2015 14:39 - 25 Sep 2015 14:46 #211341 by R.P.Kraul
Replied by R.P.Kraul on topic Greetings

jeb wrote: I'm more of an Edward Pretorious man, myself. Humans are such easy prey.

Welcome aboard!

Great movie, that. I'll have to pull out the bluray for Halloween.

** It occurred to me after you wrote that that I had email in the user field
Last edit: 25 Sep 2015 14:46 by R.P.Kraul. Reason: Edit

More
25 Sep 2015 14:42 #211342 by R.P.Kraul

Shellhead wrote: You have come to the right place. The only horror board games worth playing are generally Ameritrash.

My favorites:

1. Arkham Horror
2. The Hills Rise Wild
3. Fury of Dracula
4. Death Angel
5. The Gothic Game

Arkham is probably my favorite game. Great solo, too. I'm waiting on the Fury reprint. Haven't heard of the others but will definitely check those out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

More
25 Sep 2015 16:25 #211349 by Josh Look
Replied by Josh Look on topic Greetings
A fellow horror fan, welcome.

I started with some lighter fare, but I'll be going through a pretty wide array of movies from all though out the genre's history over the next month in my Fortress of Horror column. Pluggedity-plug-plug.

I'm a huge Fury of Dracula fan, also really love Eldritch Horror. Just ordered a game called Camp Grizzly, looks right up my alley.

More
25 Sep 2015 16:29 #211350 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Greetings

Josh Look wrote: Just ordered a game called Camp Grizzly, looks right up my alley.

From a publisher called Ameritrash Games.

More
25 Sep 2015 16:31 #211351 by R.P.Kraul

Josh Look wrote: A fellow horror fan, welcome.

I started with some lighter fare, but I'll be going through a pretty wide array of movies from all though out the genre's history over the next month in my Fortress of Horror column. Pluggedity-plug-plug.

I'm a huge Fury of Dracula fan, also really love Eldritch Horror. Just ordered a game called Camp Grizzly, looks right up my alley.

I look forward to your column. Camp Grizzly is a hell of a lot of fun. It really is. Nice homage to the '80s slasher flicks.

More
25 Sep 2015 16:50 #211353 by Shellhead
I'm not a huge fan of slasher movies, but I really enjoy slasher boardgames. I never heard of Camp Grizzly before, but after spending a little time checking it out, I just ordered a copy. Gotta love a company named Ameritrash Games.

More
25 Sep 2015 18:58 #211359 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic Greetings
Psycho Raiders sets the high bar on horror gaming.

More
25 Sep 2015 21:33 #211366 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Greetings
I found Rococo to be a horrifying game. Does that count?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
25 Sep 2015 21:39 #211368 by R.P.Kraul

SuperflyTNT wrote: Psycho Raiders sets the high bar on horror gaming.

Don't tempt me to buy another game. Don't do it.

This one's been on my radar for a while. I may have to pull the trigger.

More
25 Sep 2015 22:38 #211374 by Josh Look
Replied by Josh Look on topic Greetings

repoman wrote: I found Rococo to be a horrifying game. Does that count?

The game itself is sleep inducing. It's that 7.60 average rating on BGG that scares me shitless.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike, repoman

More
26 Sep 2015 10:41 #211386 by R.P.Kraul

Shellhead wrote: I'm not a huge fan of slasher movies, but I really enjoy slasher boardgames. I never heard of Camp Grizzly before, but after spending a little time checking it out, I just ordered a copy. Gotta love a company named Ameritrash Games.

In truth, I'm not a huge fan of American slasher films, either, as I much prefer Italian giallos. But CZ does the slasher homage really well. I hope you enjoy the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead

More
26 Sep 2015 19:57 #211407 by Shellhead

R.P.Kraul wrote:

Shellhead wrote: I'm not a huge fan of slasher movies, but I really enjoy slasher boardgames. I never heard of Camp Grizzly before, but after spending a little time checking it out, I just ordered a copy. Gotta love a company named Ameritrash Games.

In truth, I'm not a huge fan of American slasher films, either, as I much prefer Italian giallos. But CZ does the slasher homage really well. I hope you enjoy the game.

Looks like I have a cool new sub-genre to explore. I thought that Suspiria was a unique movie, but it seems that it's one of these giallo movies.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds