October 09, 2023
2476 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2682 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Arkham Horror: The Card Game

More
24 Mar 2020 22:59 #308551 by Disgustipater
Being extremely new to this game, can these cards be mixed in to other investigator decks?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2020 23:26 #308552 by DarthJoJo
Totally. You can find the deck building restrictions on the back of each investigator’s card, but with a few exceptions, it’s based on class (color) and card level. Each investigator has signature cards that only they can ever use, but that’s only two cards in the majority of cases. The rest is up to the player.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Disgustipater

More
26 Mar 2020 19:14 #308618 by dragonstout
I'm an idiot, and lost my set of chaos tokens; I'm aware that I could use an app, but I really like the physical act of pulling tokens out of a bag. Does anyone who bought a second core set have a spare set of chaos tokens they could send my way (California)? I'd pay whatever you need. I'm surprised I can't find people selling this anywhere!

More
26 Mar 2020 20:30 #308620 by sornars
I’d be more than happy to send you my spare set but it’d be coming from the U.K. so you may have to wait a bit.

More
26 Mar 2020 20:51 #308623 by DarthJoJo
If you want to be fancy Burger Tokens ( burgertokens.com/collections/frontpage/p...ror-lcg-chaos-tokens ) makes well-regarded chaos tokens, or I’d try asking in the Facebook group. I’d send you mine if I weren’t running two campaigns at once and less a fan of constantly breaking down bags than decks.

More
01 Apr 2020 04:45 #308753 by thegiantbrain
There is a really good TTS mod for Arkham Horror if you are interested. Called Arkham Horror Super Complete edition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Gary Sax, sornars

More
02 Apr 2020 07:39 #308800 by Dr. Mabuse

thegiantbrain wrote: There is a really good TTS mod for Arkham Horror if you are interested. Called Arkham Horror Super Complete edition.

Great thanks for the heads up!

More
08 Apr 2020 11:52 #309050 by thegiantbrain
Hi folks. I have finally finished the first draft of this deckbuilding guide. Now has an example with links to the deck as it progresses, these will be screen shots in the final version. If anyone has the time to have a read and give feedback I would appreciate it.

docs.google.com/document/d/1MpIY2obF9U7v...sxM/edit?usp=sharing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, marlowespade, Ah_Pook

More
16 Aug 2020 22:07 #313164 by DarthJoJo
Took a few months, but my wife and I finally finished Dream Eaters. Absolute top campaign. Right up there with Forgotten Age as my favorite thus far. I can see the two four-scenario campaigns structure being irritating to some, but shorter campaigns are something I've been waiting on for a while. It's not likely I'll have the chance anytime soon, but a four-scenario campaign that I could easily marathon in one day with friends is something to look forward to. Otherwise, gimmicky scenario elements were pretty minimal. Just a lot of solid treachery and enemy design, and an awesome new keyword in 'swarm' that forced you to really look at enemies in a new way.

I haven't really been happy with the final scenario in a campaign since Dunwich, but both of these stuck the landing. Where the Gods Dwell could definitely use some better scaling on lower player counts as the doom clock is absolutely brutal, but both offered such novel experiences in their treatment of the big bosses, that I won't complain.

These would even be an easy recommend for a new player's first campaign, as they can dip in and buy half the normal packs to get a full story and campaign. before really throwing money around. The box investigators are even solid and playable with a smaller card pool, with the exception of Patrice.

I probably should replay Circle Undone, so I can have better thoughts to share on Iain's latest Beyond the Veil. But I think I'm just going to send Big Money Zoey to squash some spiders, and Dexter to look into this Kadath person? place? thing?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, mads b., jeb, marlowespade

More
28 Sep 2020 17:53 #314626 by Ah_Pook
I got Barkham Horror in the mail today, and man just reading through the cards is a delight. Its a deeply silly thing and I love it.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Gary Sax, dysjunct, sornars, DarthJoJo

More
29 Sep 2020 09:47 #314644 by ubarose
I got my copy of Barkham last week. I love that Duke is one of the characters. We haven't been able to play yet because we are in the middle of a cycle and don't want to disassemble our decks. But as soon as this one is done, we are definitely going to play Barkham.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
10 Oct 2020 11:17 #314970 by DarthJoJo
Sorry, everyone. I blew it. Nyarlathotep and Atlach-Nacha are now competing to rule our world. Zoey didn’t succeed at a single scenario in the Waking World, and Skids couldn’t get anything go in the final scenario of the Dream Quest after roasting the first three.

The decks were a blast, though. I was running parallel Skids’ deck building with the original front to turn him into a gambler that was using Double, Double on all his money events. Zoey took advantage of the swarm mechanic and upgraded .45 Thompson to make piles of money for Well Connected. She was a little slow to start and needed a little draw luck but could easily be pumping skills by four or five by scenario’s end.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
16 Oct 2020 03:23 #315219 by thegiantbrain
New FAQ is out with a list of Taboo cards and rules changes. This includes them chaining a card they just printed. Excellent work FFG.

FAQ
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
16 Oct 2020 10:40 #315234 by Gary Sax
If Magic still has banned cards and such, then I think this is just how it has to be. FFG could do better by having fewer FAQ items, of course.

More
16 Oct 2020 11:40 #315242 by DarthJoJo
The Taboo list is such a weird beast. At least half of it is meant to break up infinite combos which wouldn’t occur to the vast majority of players while the other half reins in above-curve cards. My problem with it is that slapping higher xp costs on cards is the lack of elegance. I get the reasons, it puts the least memory burden on players and makes printing proxies less necessary, but a lot of the Seeker nerfs could be accomplished by turning free triggers into normal action triggers.

I do appreciate, though, that they are using it to buff cards, too. Making more cards usable is always more fun than taking cards away. A .35 Winchester on Sister Mary or Jim Culver still may not be great, but it’s more fun now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, sornars

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.484 seconds