October 09, 2023
2455 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Bugs Reporting and Suggestions

More
31 May 2022 10:07 #333373 by ubarose
Sorry about the server being down this weekend. I was “offline” with a two day migraine. Thank you Jackwraith for contacting me and letting me know about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, Msample

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2022 10:02 #333403 by Sagrilarus
It's fine. I only asked because it was a potential data point in my continuing troubles reaching the site. My most recent theory -- flood control. First contacts work well, opening three tabs kills it for sure.

More
01 Jun 2022 11:04 #333405 by ubarose

Sagrilarus wrote: It's fine. I only asked because it was a potential data point in my continuing troubles reaching the site. My most recent theory -- flood control. First contacts work well, opening three tabs kills it for sure.

It's possible, but opening 3 tabs in the forum shouldn't trigger it. You will get a forbidden message. But is you wait about 30 seconds, you should be able to reload the page.

We had to add more restrictive flood control due to getting slammed so hard it looked almost like DOS attacks. The server was crashing once or twice a month as a result.

More
05 Jun 2022 19:54 #333472 by Cranberries

ubarose wrote: Sorry about the server being down this weekend. I was “offline” with a two day migraine. Thank you Jackwraith for contacting me and letting me know about it.

I have only had minor migraines, or headaches that veer towards migraines, usually after a night of missed sleep. I can't imagine two days of that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
05 Jun 2022 20:40 - 05 Jun 2022 20:41 #333473 by Disgustipater
I usually have 5-10 a month, sometimes for 3 or 4 days straight. Luckily Imitrex works really well for me to get rid of them. They're the worst.
Last edit: 05 Jun 2022 20:41 by Disgustipater.

More
06 Jun 2022 10:25 #333480 by ubarose
So sorry to hear that others do battle with migraines. They are like vampires, sucking days out of your life.

I take a a low dose of paroxetine daily which, for me, helps prevent migraines. When they do occur they are far less painful - more like a regular headache but with aura - and resolve in a few hours.

This is not the typical use of the drug, so every few years it has to be re-approved by insurance, but I don’t know that it needs re-approval until I try to refill it, which I tried to do two weeks ago. So I’ve gone without for about 10 days now. It’s not been fun. I just got the message that the Rx was approved and will be ready tomorrow evening. Just need to get through 2 more days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sagrilarus, Disgustipater, Nodens, Dive-Dive-Dive!

More
07 Jun 2022 10:28 - 07 Jun 2022 10:31 #333511 by Sagrilarus
Testing.

As it stands at the moment I’m on my home network with no VPN and can open links with abandon with no trouble. I can even reply without trouble. So something has changed somewhere. Let’s see if this submission works.

It does!
Last edit: 07 Jun 2022 10:31 by Sagrilarus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars, WadeMonnig

More
07 Jun 2022 12:05 #333514 by ubarose

Sagrilarus wrote: Testing.

As it stands at the moment I’m on my home network with no VPN and can open links with abandon with no trouble. I can even reply without trouble. So something has changed somewhere. Let’s see if this submission works.

It does!

Nothing changed on this end. Sounds like maybe you were in flood control jail and got let out. The thing that most often triggers the the flood control is using the top search too rapidly or in multiple tabs.

More
16 Jul 2022 23:27 #334296 by Sagrilarus
By the way I am completely fixed now.

More
29 Nov 2022 10:09 #337093 by sornars

ubarose wrote:

Sagrilarus wrote: Testing.

It does!

Nothing changed on this end. Sounds like maybe you were in flood control jail and got let out. The thing that most often triggers the the flood control is using the top search too rapidly or in multiple tabs.

I'm coming to find the flood control to be particularly aggressive. What seems like normal browsing behaviour on my end seems to frequently trigger a temporary time out.

Examples of things that'll trigger it:
Going to Recent Topics realising I'm not logged in -> Log in -> ban.
Going to Recent Topics -> Selecting an unread thread to open in a new tab -> ban.
Opening a post -> thanking a reply -> ban.

It's making using the site kind of frustrating.

More
05 Dec 2022 09:35 #337215 by ubarose
That’s really strange. When did that start. As I mentioned further upthread, nothing has changed on the site in two years.

More
05 Dec 2022 10:41 #337218 by sornars
I'd wager it's been happening for at least a few months. If it helps narrow things down, I use Firefox on Desktop and iOS. It seems to be IP based as private browsing doesn't resolve the issue but using a VPN sometimes sorts things out temporarily and switching devices doesn't necessarily help. The bans happen when logged and when not. I've disabled Firefox's built in tracking protecting thinking it may be a cookie based thing but that hasn't helped.

More
05 Dec 2022 12:25 #337225 by southernman

sornars wrote: I'd wager it's been happening for at least a few months. If it helps narrow things down, I use Firefox on Desktop and iOS. It seems to be IP based as private browsing doesn't resolve the issue but using a VPN sometimes sorts things out temporarily and switching devices doesn't necessarily help. The bans happen when logged and when not. I've disabled Firefox's built in tracking protecting thinking it may be a cookie based thing but that hasn't helped.

The more useful question is 'is it happening to anyone else ?' - if nothing has been changed on the site and no one else is experiencing it then possibly your system/network issue.

More
05 Dec 2022 12:46 #337227 by Sagrilarus
That sounds exactly like what was happening to me, but I haven't experienced it in months now. I actually bought a VPN just to get past it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars

More
05 Dec 2022 12:47 #337228 by Sagrilarus
I tried to add a podcast to the site, and either I screwed it up or there is a backlog for getting them approved. I also tried to do a blog entry that never appeared. Is this something where we need to bump the admin so that they are aware that we have put something in the queue?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds