October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Coronavirus

More
11 Mar 2020 17:26 #307889 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Coronavirus
Today, the University of Minnesota announced that they are switching over to online classes for the rest of the semester. However, they are not shutting down their campuses, out of recognition that the campus may be a safer option for some students than going back home. They have about 50,000 students.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2020 18:24 #307892 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Coronavirus

Shellhead wrote:

Ah_Pook wrote: The Friday night game meetup I go to is cancelled until further notice. Not sure if we're doing DnD Sunday or not but I'm guessing we'll do discord. I'm thinking in person gaming is not the move atm. Going to a game con seems like a crazy thing to do.

I think that small gatherings are still low-risk right now, but that could change within a couple of weeks. Going to a game convention does seem pretty high risk, though, judging by the dense crowds and poor hygiene that I have observed at GenCon over the years.

In our small AT group of four one of the guys has a poor immune system (he is pretty screwed healthwise) so I'll be contacting the other two before our next meet (always at my place) to ask them to discreetly nip upstairs to the bathroom and wash their hands when they arrive … just in case. The other guy is quite open about his poor health and even half-jokes that he won't stand a chance if Corona hits him.
I've also got my lad living with his elderly grandparents and have made plans for him to move in with me if he gets any symptoms.
Life gets pretty in your face some times.

More
11 Mar 2020 18:27 #307893 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Coronavirus

ubarose wrote: Brandeis just announced that it is closing down the campus. We have to make arrangements to get the Spawn moved out. It's her senior year. She is heartbroken.

And the UK is not shutting anything down yet … retards or puppets of big business ?

More
11 Mar 2020 21:52 #307897 by Frohike
Replied by Frohike on topic Coronavirus
So there's a travel suspension from Europe for 30 days, but not from the UK. What the hell?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, JoelCFC25, lj1983

More
11 Mar 2020 21:57 #307898 by mc
Replied by mc on topic Coronavirus
It's an island. Should be safe. Right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: lj1983, Frohike

More
11 Mar 2020 22:09 #307899 by dysjunct
Replied by dysjunct on topic Coronavirus

mc wrote: It's an island. Should be safe. Right?

It’s a reasonable response. The only way it would be problematic is if there were a planet-wide interconnected transportation network, like airplanes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead, JoelCFC25, Jackwraith, lj1983, hotseatgames, Frohike, charlest, Pugnax555, mc

More
11 Mar 2020 22:23 #307900 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic Coronavirus

dysjunct wrote:

It’s a reasonable response. The only way it would be problematic is if there were a planet-wide interconnected transportation network, like airplanes.

Joke's on you, apparently you haven't heard about our wall.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dysjunct, Sagrilarus, Jackwraith, Frohike, mc

More
11 Mar 2020 22:53 #307901 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Coronavirus
Shit is getting serious now. Tom Hanks and his wife have coronavirus, and the NBA suspended their season after a player caught coronavirus.

www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/business/medi...nks-coronavirus.html

www.cbssports.com/nba/news/rudy-gobert-r...players-quarantined/

More
11 Mar 2020 23:45 #307903 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Coronavirus
And yet here we are with a racist, semi-sentient log of shit acting as president slurring through a speech apparently written by Stephen Miller and Jared fucking Kushner where he addresses absolutely not one thing significant or meaningful from a public health perspective. He calls it a “foreign virus” that we Americans are going to beat. What the fuck? Nothing about testing, control measures, actual steps to help those already impacted or in danger of being impacted...every single person who has voted Republican in the last 4+ years- this shit is on YOU.

We had a chance to sack this shitheel...and now people are going to DIE directly because of his lies and his total mismanagement of this situation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead, JoelCFC25, mrspank, hotseatgames, Frohike, Gregarius, Pugnax555, Varys, mc

More
11 Mar 2020 23:54 #307905 by Jackwraith
Replied by Jackwraith on topic Coronavirus

Right. Except for the already confirmed cases present on that island. Oh, and you know how the number of confirmed cases (and the mortality rate) doubled in Spain in the past 24 hours, most of it in Madrid? Well, about 3000 Athletico Madrid fans were in Liverpool tonight. So, yeah, if it weren't for dysjunct and his stupid airplanes, everything would be FINE! Plus, the Idiot's budget director stated today that they're going ahead with the plans for HHS that cut the CDC's budget by 15%. Timing is everything.

Morons Are Governing America
The following user(s) said Thank You: dysjunct, hotseatgames, mc

More
12 Mar 2020 03:03 #307908 by mads b.
Replied by mads b. on topic Coronavirus
Our prime minister just put Denmark on lock down yesterday. Schools and daycare are closing on monday and all non-essential public employees are sent home from tomorrow. We currently only have 514 cases (out of a population of around 5,5 million), but the numbers rose pretty quickly at the start of the week, so they're not taking any chances.

My mom has lung cancer and my father in law also has a chronic lung condition, so we are taking it pretty seriously. But we are not worried and it feels like the government is handling things pretty well. Inside crowds of 100 people are advised against and will most likely be forbidden from today onward. Bars and such are advised to close. Will be ... interesting for a lack of better words to see how small businesses will fare now that a lot of people can't go to work. I work at a pretty small game company (around 10 people) and we have a meeting today to see what can be worked on and how the economic situation is. I think we'll do okay, but nothing is certain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JoelCFC25, Jackwraith, charlest, mc

More
12 Mar 2020 05:22 #307909 by Erik Twice
Replied by Erik Twice on topic Coronavirus
The Spanish goverment has taken basically no measures until yesterday or the day before. They were clearly afraid of the political costs of cancelling, say, the Women's Day march and we are going to get hit hard.

They closed schools in a couple regions, which has only caused people hanging out more because it's sunny and they have more free time lol

More
12 Mar 2020 06:10 #307911 by thegiantbrain
Replied by thegiantbrain on topic Coronavirus
I'm meant to be headed to Airecon in Harrogate today in the UK. There are new announcements from the government coming out by midday. At the moment the con is still going ahead, but I am sort of expecting things to get cancelled last minute. Was planning to get public transport down as well. Whole thing is messed up with timely advice just not forthcoming from the powers that be. Like Trump, Johnson couldn't lead his way out of a maze that was a straight line with a big shiny sign saying exit.

More
12 Mar 2020 07:32 #307914 by Ah_Pook
Replied by Ah_Pook on topic Coronavirus

Shellhead wrote: Shit is getting serious now. Tom Hanks and his wife have coronavirus, and the NBA suspended their season after a player caught coronavirus.

www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/business/medi...nks-coronavirus.html

www.cbssports.com/nba/news/rudy-gobert-r...players-quarantined/

The acc tournament is still happening but spectators are not being allowed. E3 got cancelled too.

More
12 Mar 2020 10:58 #307929 by thegiantbrain
Replied by thegiantbrain on topic Coronavirus
I've pulled out of Airecon as has my co-host. The Irish shutdown was the final nail in the coffin for me. I trust that government more than my own.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.535 seconds