October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2507 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× A place to talk about stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Coronavirus

More
26 Oct 2022 08:47 #336406 by Ah_Pook
Replied by Ah_Pook on topic Coronavirus
Heard a headline on the radio today, multiple local schools closed due to outbreaks of "a contagious respiratory illness"... Completely unrelated im sure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2022 09:01 #336407 by n815e
Replied by n815e on topic Coronavirus
RSV has been surging across the country, that is probably it. It’s like a bad cold virus, but can be pretty dangerous in young kids and seniors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ah_Pook

More
26 Oct 2022 15:44 - 26 Oct 2022 15:45 #336418 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic Coronavirus
news.yahoo.com/boston-university-researc...loped-195236897.html

This can’t end well. I only hope I’ll be chilling in a bunker for a while as the fires die down.
Last edit: 26 Oct 2022 15:45 by SuperflyPete.

More
26 Oct 2022 15:49 #336420 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic Coronavirus
Why is Yahoo displaying a FOX "News" article?

And yes, it's terrifying but I certainly don't know if it's anything other than business as usual. I think scientists have been concocting horrible pathogens forever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
26 Oct 2022 16:10 #336421 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic Coronavirus
One wonders if the COVID pandemic has made a global ban on bio weapons more likely or due to the effectiveness in locking down economies, more likely to be used.

More
15 Dec 2022 14:54 #337432 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Coronavirus
US Government is sending out another batch of free tests. You can order yours here.

www.covid.gov/tests
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, dysjunct, Sagrilarus, hotseatgames, n815e, Virabhadra, Dive-Dive-Dive!

More
22 Jun 2023 12:19 #339770 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Coronavirus
I tested positive for Covid today. I had a sore throat and got really tired on Tuesday. Woke up yesterday feeling like I had the flu. My sister is a nurse and she had Covid twice, so she urged me to get tested. I paid extra to get a fast turnaround on my test. But I am already feeling somewhat better today, so it seems to be a mild case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Sagrilarus, hotseatgames, n815e, Virabhadra

More
22 Jun 2023 16:57 - 22 Jun 2023 16:57 #339773 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Coronavirus
COVID, if you've had your shots, is just a bad cold these days. Two of my team of ten, plus their partners, had it in the last fortnight, another two have had it three times, while my 88 yr old dad (he said it was just a bad cold for 10 days) and my 102 year old uncle survived it last year.
I've still not (knowingly) have had it yet, although I do work from home a lot and don't go to pubs and restaurants much these days.
Unfortunately there's a lot more much worse shit going on in the world these days.
Last edit: 22 Jun 2023 16:57 by southernman.

More
23 Jun 2023 08:55 #339782 by Shellhead
I forced myself to eat three full meals yesterday, though admittedly two of the meals were soup and a vitamin-packed fruit smoothie. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling too warm and somewhat naseous, and never got back to sleep again. Walking a couple of blocks to the grocery store this morning felt good, to load up on more liquid foods. Although I am working from home today, I will need to take a break to mow part of my yard that has gotten a little shaggy during the drought. We are finally getting rain, today through Sunday, and more next week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, Cranberries, lj1983, n815e

More
04 Jul 2023 22:59 #339927 by Shellhead
The first 12 hours were like a nasty case of the flu. The next two weeks were like a mild case of the flu. At no point did I lose my sense of smell or taste. Aside from losing nine pounds, I felt totally normal by day 16. Hopefully this is an indication that Covid has transitioned from pandemic to endemic and will basically be an ongoing but relatively minor threat like the flu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: birdman37

More
05 Jul 2023 00:59 #339931 by daveroswell
Replied by daveroswell on topic Coronavirus
I’ve had COVID twice. First time was March 2021 before vaccines were readily available and I was hospitalized overnight for breathing issues. My wife contracted it from me and her sense of taste and smell has never been the same. Almost one year ago I had it once more at the end of July last year. I don’t know how/if the virus will change and spread in the future. But it has changed everything since 2019. My wife works at home and rarely leaves the house.
The following user(s) said Thank You: n815e, Kmann

More
05 Jul 2023 15:38 #339936 by Kmann
Replied by Kmann on topic Coronavirus
How covid affects people so differently is one of its scariest aspects imo. It's a real dice roll.
The following user(s) said Thank You: n815e, Dive-Dive-Dive!

More
28 Aug 2023 09:54 - 28 Aug 2023 09:59 #340345 by Shellhead
I caught Covid on June 17th. I know that now because I went to a backyard cookout that day, and both of the hosts and several guests came down with Covid within days. Amongst other symptoms, I had a mild fever or at least elevated body temperature for a couple of weeks. For another couple of weeks after that, I occasionally experienced fatigue. I thought I was fine after that, but my hair started falling out three weeks ago, and apparently quite a few people have experienced hair loss starting two months after they caught Covid.

For my whole life, I have had a thick head of hair, but I noticed it starting to thin a bit in the front and center, starting around 2000. I went on Rogaine and have stuck with it for the last 23 years. My hair has continued to thin at a glacially slow pace, such that the only people who see it are myself and the lady who cuts my hair. Rogaine doesn't bring back the hair I lost, but does replace some of it with thin, wispy hair. However, it does slow down the pace of the hair loss enough that I am happy with the results.

This new hair loss is more rapid, and also happening all over my scalp instead of just in the front and on the top. Last week, I started taking a biotin supplement. I'm not sure if it is helping so far, but I am only taking 1000mcg (recommended daily allowance is just 35mcg). I have female friends who have experienced this condition, telogen effluvium, which is apparently not uncommon for women aged 30 to 60, and they take 10,000mcg of biotin to minimize the hair loss. So I plan to switch to a higher dosage this week. If my condition is indeed a side-effect of Covid, I can expect it to last somewhere from 3 to 9 months before probably returning to normal.

I look forward to getting the new Covid booster shot in early October.
Last edit: 28 Aug 2023 09:59 by Shellhead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames, n815e

More
29 Aug 2023 10:59 #340358 by Shellhead
I was at the gym last night, when I noticed a guy doing this loud noise that was sort of a combination of cough/sneeze/shout. He did it about twice a minute, and had his t-shirt pulled up over his mouth to apparently avoid spraying everybody within a ten foot cone in front of him. After hearing this several times, I felt that it sounded like a dry, unproductive sort of cough like you get with Covid, and I started to get mad about it. This guy was absolutely drenched with sweat, so possibly also suffering a fever. Yes, people sweat when they work out, but this guy was sweating like he was running a marathon, and he wasn't even lifting a significant amount of weight.

After 10 minutes, I felt like I could calmly confront him and recommend that he go home and drink some fluids, as opposed to punching him in the throat for deliberately exposing everybody to a disease. However, two other guys approached him first. I don't know what they said, but the sick guy left immediately.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, hotseatgames, n815e

More
04 Oct 2023 11:30 #340685 by n815e
Replied by n815e on topic Coronavirus
Well, my family and I have it.

So far flu-like symptoms. It’s been a year since our last shots, was going to get the updated shots, but now we’ll wait a couple of months.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.505 seconds