October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
16 Aug 2021 16:36 - 16 Aug 2021 16:38 #325651 by Ah_Pook

mtagge wrote: I'm one of the GamePass Hades players. I'm not great at it, only managed to get to the Minotaur/Theseus twice. I kinda wish the first room every time was the spec choice for the weapon. Thought I had him when I played the bow with the spec to auto fire instead of power shot. Ugh.

One odd thing is there is a relic that doubles the damage of any attack that isn't affected by a boon. I feel odd that I don't want to take any primary upgrades anymore. Only want Dash causing damage, and general boons.

Man I've never unequipped the +max HP keepsake from Cerberus.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2021 16:38 by Ah_Pook.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jexik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2021 19:51 #325667 by Jexik

Ah_Pook wrote:

mtagge wrote: I'm one of the GamePass Hades players. I'm not great at it, only managed to get to the Minotaur/Theseus twice. I kinda wish the first room every time was the spec choice for the weapon. Thought I had him when I played the bow with the spec to auto fire instead of power shot. Ugh.

One odd thing is there is a relic that doubles the damage of any attack that isn't affected by a boon. I feel odd that I don't want to take any primary upgrades anymore. Only want Dash causing damage, and general boons.

Man I've never unequipped the +max HP keepsake from Cerberus.

I did the same early on. Painting with really broad strokes, I like to use keepsakes from olympian gods for the first two zones usually to try to sculpt my build and god pool, then switch to eurydice’s keepsake for Elysium to save my death defy charges for the last zone.

More
16 Aug 2021 20:38 #325669 by Ah_Pook
Got my first win just now, which was nice. Hangover Blitz Disc kinda crushes a lot of the encounters, then Charged Shot + the shield upgrade that gives your charge special a timed attacj for 500% damage + possible crits on it too + Marked for high crit chance+ the Artemis Call all add up to some beefy burst damage vs bosses. The final boss still ate both my death defies lol.

More
16 Aug 2021 20:46 #325670 by Jexik
I’ve never really messed with the Zeus shield, maybe I’ll give that a shot. How many attempts did it take?

More
16 Aug 2021 21:01 #325671 by Ah_Pook

Jexik wrote: I’ve never really messed with the Zeus shield, maybe I’ll give that a shot. How many attempts did it take?

That was my 17th run.

More
16 Aug 2021 21:15 #325672 by Jexik
Very nice! I’m bad at video games, heh. I think I was at 51 or something my first time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ah_Pook

More
17 Aug 2021 19:53 #325728 by jason10mm
A game popped up on my Xbox game pass called Boyfriend Dungeon, a top down dungeon crawler where you "date your weapon".

While it does not seem to be my cuppa tea, I think some of ya'll might appreciate it.

Anyone playing The Ascent? I can't tell if it is a spiritual sequel to Syndicate or just a slapped on theme to a generic twin stick shooter.

More
17 Aug 2021 20:05 #325730 by hotseatgames
I don't get Syndicate vibes from Ascent, but I do like the game. I especially appreciate that dying doesn't set you back in any real way.

I picked up DUSK on Steam. This is a throwback FPS very much in the style of Quake. Good fun, running at the speed of light, blasting fools. No fall damage. First entire chapter was pretty easy, but the first level of chapter 2 amps it up quite a bit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jason10mm

More
19 Aug 2021 19:54 #325841 by hotseatgames
Quake got a remastered edition today, with 2 brand new episodes. So... go play some Quake.

More
20 Aug 2021 18:11 #325888 by jason10mm
Damn, Ascent is GORGEOUS! Definitely a Diablo clone but wow, the level detail is just insane. There is a first person mod for the PC that is all sorts of ridiculous but im on Xbox. Only complaint is that the text for stats can be a bit small, though I'm sure there is a font adjust in a menu somewhere.

Couple of hours in and it is a blast. Having a firefight break out in a crowded area and seeing bystander aliens and droids get cut down in the crossfire (OK ok, maybe it is mostly me with a SMG) is oddly tragic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyBobThwarton

More
23 Aug 2021 14:21 #325955 by hotseatgames
The adventure game 12 Minutes is out on Gamepass, so I've tried a few loops with it. It's one of those time loop stories, and each loop you will remember what happened before as you attempt to progress the story to some sort of conclusion.

The story itself is interesting, but I am not fond of the gameplay. It would probably be more tolerable on the PC, but my biggest hang-up would apply to any platform. You start to find a set order of events that you need to influence, and every time the loop starts over, you have to re-do that whole setup, which just gets longer and longer as you learn more. I do believe there are some shortcuts to this, but frankly I'm not finding the actual playing of this game to be worth it. It just devolves into tedium.

I don't know if I'll keep hacking away at it or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jason10mm

More
23 Aug 2021 17:02 #325962 by the_jake_1973
Race 2 of my 2021 F1 season, Catalunya. I upped the AI to 45 and have traction control on medium, no ABS, and corner lines on. Still a pretty noob setup, I know, but the races/practices are 100% lengths.

That was a tough track to come to terms with and had a practice session in the rain too. I ended up qualifying 4th and that speaks more to the low AI than my skill. My goal is to keep upping the AI and adjusting the helper functions until I don't need them.

Awesome game.

More
23 Aug 2021 21:33 #325976 by jason10mm
Yeah I tried 12 minutes as well. That top down view is really off putting.

More
28 Aug 2021 21:48 #326078 by Gary Sax
I bought the Arkane bundle to play Prey ages ago... so I finally got around to Dishonored 2. I'd heard a ton about that game but it has surpassed every recommendation I've heard just in the first hour or two.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
28 Aug 2021 22:34 #326081 by the_jake_1973
If Dark Souls was a driving game, it would be the Monaco track.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.480 seconds