October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
06 Nov 2015 10:33 #214323 by Gregarius
I had a similar experience with an Amazon seller. I bought a talking Bender figure that was listed at $40. They delayed shipping, then when they finally sent it, it was a cheap, carded Bender figure with a $12.99 price tag still on it. Of course I returned it, but they made no comment or apology. Now those same figures are listed around $75. Assholes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Nov 2015 10:45 - 06 Nov 2015 10:47 #214324 by Vistula Lurker
Well, I just wanted to buy Hyperborea this morning. The seller supposedly changed his mind and forgot to cancel his offer. He still had the guts to offer me a chance to play it with his gaming group next saturday. Had i not planned a visit at my wife's parents I might actually show up for a one short moment.

Bought Dungeon Twister: Prison from another seller instead.
Last edit: 06 Nov 2015 10:47 by Vistula Lurker.

More
06 Nov 2015 17:55 #214367 by bendgar
Recently I have been debating if I really need any new big games. Hyperborea has been typed about in these parts recently but I watched a video review for it and it left me wanting to play Nexus Ops.

Instead of one big game that I may not play for months, I went with three games that I could play next weekend. No Thanks (thanks Sag) Beasty Bar (SuperFly), and Bucket King 3D. I saw a while back that some Bucket King variants were worth playing with. Anyone know those off the top of your heads?

More
06 Nov 2015 21:44 #214388 by bfkiller
A local fella is doing a massive fire sale of his sizable collection. I bought Thunder Road for $45. I'm waffling on Gunslinger as well for $90, but that seems like an unwise purchase when I have a trip to Disneyland coming up in about a month...

More
07 Nov 2015 01:33 #214405 by ThirstyMan
I used to have Yaquinto's Swashbuckler prior to 'The Burning' (an event involving a divorce and a crazy ex wife...actually the other way round).

It's a great order based game (forwrd 1, left 1, face right, slash). You both write orders and then simultaneously do the orders. Produces some fairly hilarious moments of guys moving forward and slashing nothing at all.

More
07 Nov 2015 16:43 #214437 by KingPut

bfkiller wrote: A local fella is doing a massive fire sale of his sizable collection. I bought Thunder Road for $45. I'm waffling on Gunslinger as well for $90, but that seems like an unwise purchase when I have a trip to Disneyland coming up in about a month...

If anyone wants a copy of Thunder Road in very good condition. I will sell you mine for $40.

More
07 Nov 2015 16:49 #214439 by Egg Shen
KingPut - I'll take you up on that offer for Thunder Road. I'll be at Trashfest next week and can give you cold hard cash if you're gonna be there.

More
07 Nov 2015 17:45 #214441 by KingPut

Egg Shen wrote: KingPut - I'll take you up on that offer for Thunder Road. I'll be at Trashfest next week and can give you cold hard cash if you're gonna be there.

Excellent. I'll see you Friday or Saturday.

More
07 Nov 2015 23:43 #214463 by SuperflyPete
I have some spare parts for the game if you need any.

That's a hell of a price. I paid like 90$ (in trade value).

More
09 Nov 2015 08:47 #214527 by the_jake_1973

ThirstyMan wrote: Yaquinto's Swashbuckler

It's a great order based game (forwrd 1, left 1, face right, slash). You both write orders and then simultaneously do the orders. Produces some fairly hilarious moments of guys moving forward and slashing nothing at all.

That reminds me very much of Gladiator from AH. Possibly with fewer equations to solve.

More
17 Nov 2015 17:50 #215280 by Ancient_of_MuMu
My copy of Cthulhu Wars for CSI arrived today, but as it is a Christmas present for me from my wife, it is staying hidden for the next month :(.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
21 Nov 2015 17:12 #215580 by charlest
Just picked up Kingdom Death with a couple of Gen Con promos from a local seller. My PayPal account looks like it just went through that shower knife fight scene from Eastern Promises. But it's my birthday in two weeks so that's always a great excuse...right?

More
21 Nov 2015 19:08 #215589 by Sagrilarus
My copy of Wings for the Baron arrived today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes

More
22 Nov 2015 03:03 #215594 by SuperFlySwatter

charlest wrote: Just picked up Kingdom Death with a couple of Gen Con promos from a local seller. My PayPal account looks like it just went through that shower knife fight scene from Eastern Promises. But it's my birthday in two weeks so that's always a great excuse...right?

I get that the minis look great (but I mean there are lots of great minis "out there"), from everything I've read so far I cannot really get why I would shell out for Kingdom Monster as opposed to just playing a RPG. I don't doubt theres some "clever mechanics" in these combat stories everyone keeps talking about and rich narrative blah blah blah, but I reckon if thats your thing, any group interested in that can just sit down and play D&D or something, right?

More
22 Nov 2015 09:55 - 22 Nov 2015 09:55 #215598 by Gary Sax

charlest wrote: Just picked up Kingdom Death with a couple of Gen Con promos from a local seller. My PayPal account looks like it just went through that shower knife fight scene from Eastern Promises. But it's my birthday in two weeks so that's always a great excuse...right?

Let us know how it is, please! I loved reading Frank's impressions.

Just to provide a contrast with the good Dr., I'd much rather spend an unusual amount of money on an unusual (good) game. Something that is trying to blaze some new ground and not being 100% successful rather than a great genre game in an established niche. The city/season thing sound cool and the roguelike aspect of being so hard to survive and permadeath is interesting.

I could do without the miniatures, but oh well.
Last edit: 22 Nov 2015 09:55 by Gary Sax.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.611 seconds