October 09, 2023
2449 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2649 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What Marvel's are you Snapping?

More
04 Jan 2023 22:07 #337729 by Not Sure
I think the effect of locations also depend somewhat on the deck type.

For example, Fisk Tower is pretty much a loss for a move deck, but not a big deal for anyone else. Discard is one where I think you're _mostly_ insulated from board effects, but some others are more fickle.

I generally do quite well with my discard deck, even though I'm missing a few of the key pieces like Hela and Ghost Rider. Just not needing as much room out there because I'm mostly playing high-powered cards goes a long way.

Playing something like a Lockjaw deck, I find myself saying "damn squirrels" as they eat into my playspace, and hoping the other player Killmongers them for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecargo, WadeMonnig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jan 2023 21:35 #337763 by WadeMonnig
I was using this as my best discard deck after buying Dracula:
# (2) Morbius
# (2) Swarm
# (2) Colleen Wing
# (3) Wolfsbane
# (3) Lockjaw
# (3) Moon Knight
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Hellcow
# (6) Apocalypse
# (6) America Chavez
I probally should swap in Hella or recently acquired Ghost Rider instead of Wolfsbane...or Gambit to be a dick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Space Ghost

More
08 Jan 2023 00:23 - 08 Jan 2023 00:27 #337764 by Space Ghost
That is very close to my deck. I play Blade instead of Wolfsbane. I have tried Hella, Ghost Rider, and Gambit in various combinations.

I really don’t like America Chavez as a card, but it’s too unpredictable without her. Ghost Rider and Hella seem like a good idea, but are generally win more cards and cause some consistency issues.

I think Moon Knight and Gambit are interchangeable - I’ve found Moon Knight’s 3 power works better than Gambits 1 power.

Dracula is my favorite card

I’m now 44-9 and at 43.3, so averaging 2.5 a game.
Last edit: 08 Jan 2023 00:27 by Space Ghost.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, WadeMonnig

More
09 Jan 2023 14:53 #337781 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic What Marvel's are you Snapping?
I was building around Ghost Hunter and Hela and I found it better to sprinkle in discard to guarantee big effects than go all-the-way discard with them. It's a whole different archetype for me. I am doing Discard too, but my favorite deck so far is a Prison that ties the game down with Professor X, Sandman, Cosmo, and tries to land Infinaut or make a big Sunspot on a tight board. It's not very good, but it's fun and thinky.

More
10 Jan 2023 12:24 #337786 by dragonstout
Yeah, I would agree that Apocalypse/Dracula/Swarm style discard is an entirely different deck than Hela/Ghost Rider reanimator, though they do share the enablers in common.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
10 Jan 2023 15:35 #337787 by Erik Twice

Space Ghost wrote: America Chavez

I would ravoid the card just because the character has such a ridiculous name.

More
14 Jan 2023 11:48 #337834 by WadeMonnig
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecargo

More
19 Jan 2023 10:53 #337915 by kookoobah
Wrote a guide on Control Sera for those who are interested. A lot of people found it helpful and informative. Thought I'd share it here too. I got like 1600 upvotes on Reddit, so hooray for me!

Original post on reddit

Follow up post on reddit

Updated guide on Marvelsnapzone.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Not Sure, ecargo, WadeMonnig

More
19 Jan 2023 12:48 #337916 by jeb
I THOUGHT IT JUST ALTERNATED!!!

Whoever is leading in locations or total power is in priority, which means they reveal their cards first.

Mind blown.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecargo, WadeMonnig

More
19 Jan 2023 17:01 - 19 Jan 2023 18:55 #337921 by Not Sure
Me too. I really don't recall that ever being explained anywhere.

Good to know.

I'll give this a try, but I don't have Mysterio yet. Everything else, though.

edit: I appear to be really bad at slow-playing for tempo. I tend to end up in "winning" situations when I don't want to. I think I'm still too used to maximizing the first few plays, and I need to be willing to skip more.
Last edit: 19 Jan 2023 18:55 by Not Sure.

More
20 Jan 2023 13:43 - 20 Jan 2023 15:06 #337934 by jeb
I am trying it without Sera(!!) and still seeing some success. This is right up my alley. It tempts the opponent into 8s at will. You look like you are losing and you are very clearly not come turn 6.

Man I wish there was a way to craft cards. I'm like CL 1000 now and getting variants instead of Series 3 cards I actually want, like Sera/Mysterio.

//edit

Figured I would talk about my favorite deck here. Prison:
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Yondu
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Rogue
# (4) Sandman
# (4) Jessica Jones
# (4) Namor
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
# (6) The Infinaut
#
Code in spoiler if you want
Warning: Spoiler!

The goal here is to tighten the board and ruin the opponent's play. The weakest card is Rogue--that could easily swap for Leech or Cosmo, you get the gist. Yondu might kill something important, Hobgoblin and Scorpion can be a hassle, and the obvious lockdown is Sandman and Professor X. You only have a few minions out, so they need to be good sized (Lizard/Ebony Maw) and potentially grow on their own (Sunspot/Namor/Jessica Jones) in case you need to skip turn 5 for Infinaut.
Last edit: 20 Jan 2023 15:06 by jeb.

More
20 Jan 2023 15:47 #337938 by Not Sure
I got past most of my "get points out while you have energy" and started cruising with it. I swapped Rogue in for Mysterio to just steal a good Ongoing instead of blowing them all away with Enchantress. Not great from a Power standpoint, but stealing a Devil Dino is nice, or another option for Wong if it comes out.

Jeb, that deck looks a lot like one I made in a few minutes by putting all the most annoying cards I could think of in one deck. There's a lot of overlap there.

The absolute highlight of this Sera deck for me so far was dropping a T6 Enchantress and removing a Patriot, Mystique copying it, and Blue Marvel all in one lane. That turned a lopsided win into a lopsided loss really fast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
22 Jan 2023 02:37 #337947 by WadeMonnig
It's crazy how the meta changes so hard in this game. My arnim/panther dominated until it suddenly didn't. Luckily. I had just picked up Sera and this Sera Surfer Deck had carried for the last week or so.
# (1) Iceman
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (5) Sera
It has a lot of overlap and isn't susceptible to alot of the weaknesses of other decks. They usually can't tell what you are running until turn 4 or 5.Only really weak to a turn 5 Leech.
The 3 power cards can be swapped for others but I found these have the most versility.
Cosmo can be used to kill Wong and you can stack Sera and Maximus behind him. Rogue to steal Wong/Devil Dino/Patriot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, ecargo

More
23 Jan 2023 18:51 - 23 Jan 2023 18:53 #337964 by ecargo

WadeMonnig wrote: It's crazy how the meta changes so hard in this game. My arnim/panther dominated until it suddenly didn't. Luckily. I had just picked up Sera and this Sera Surfer Deck had carried for the last week or so.
# (1) Iceman
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (5) Sera
It has a lot of overlap and isn't susceptible to alot of the weaknesses of other decks. They usually can't tell what you are running until turn 4 or 5.Only really weak to a turn 5 Leech.
The 3 power cards can be swapped for others but I found these have the most versility.
Cosmo can be used to kill Wong and you can stack Sera and Maximus behind him. Rogue to steal Wong/Devil Dino/Patriot.

Thanks for this! I didn't have a good Surfer and/or Sera deck. I don't have Brood or Polaris, so I swapped with Sword Master (to put behind Cosmo) and Rhino.

Just got several wins in a row and didn't have to worry about overly complicated turn order stuff. :)
Last edit: 23 Jan 2023 18:53 by ecargo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
28 Jan 2023 00:51 - 28 Jan 2023 00:58 #338090 by WadeMonnig

ecargo wrote:

WadeMonnig wrote: It's crazy how the meta changes so hard in this game. My arnim/panther dominated until it suddenly didn't. Luckily. I had just picked up Sera and this Sera Surfer Deck had carried for the last week or so.
# (1) Iceman
# (2) Scorpion
# (2) Armor
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Rogue
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (5) Sera

Thanks for this! I didn't have a good Surfer and/or Sera deck. I don't have Brood or Polaris, so I swapped with Sword Master (to put behind Cosmo) and Rhino.

Just got several wins in a row and didn't have to worry about overly complicated turn order stuff. :)

Brood is pretty key, so if you draw it, I'd definitely put it in. It works well for a variety of locations (Death's Domain, TVA, fill this location for a 6 cost card, most cards gets 100 power) and when when you hit it with Surfer, the six power becomes 15. I would consider Wolfsbane over sword master, since it's a 7 power in a full location before a surfer boost
Last edit: 28 Jan 2023 00:58 by WadeMonnig.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecargo

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds