October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2507 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What Marvel's are you Snapping?

More
09 Nov 2022 10:14 #336707 by WadeMonnig

Space Ghost wrote:

WadeMonnig wrote:

the_jake_1973 wrote: I've been using a Moon Girl, Devil Dino pairing with card boosting help from Cable, Agent 13, and Emma. I added Yondu to remove opponent's cards and America Chavez. It has been a fairly reliable deck to help me churn through missions.

Devil Dino works great with the current clone location. I'm trying a weird Dino deck with killmonger and quin jet.(I hit tier three) I might swap out Nova for yondu.
# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Nova
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Angela
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Cable
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Moon Girl
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Devil Dinosaur

Btw: My user name is Rapier.

The first card I hit at tier 3 was Dracula and then Red Skull.

I’m playing a, so far, very effective discard deck. I’ve made it to level 30 in this new season - had a win of five 8 point games in a row.

The new shuki location is great with move decks. Esp. Mutiple man with Hulk Buster because you end up with at least two super powerful ones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2022 16:07 #336718 by boothwah
I will not yuck on anyone's yum. I am defective. It just didn't grab me.

Pretty slick interface, and it hands out dopamine hits after every match. Mission completed! Epic! Frame Break! Season pass level up! I think it will have pretty good legs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, WadeMonnig

More
09 Nov 2022 18:55 #336721 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic What Marvel's are you Snapping?
I am with you boothwah, I am not sure there is enough game here once I have the cards collected. Games are so short, and each is just a Sicilian logic battle where some wild RNG on locations can just fuck you up sometimes (I assume everyone has seen the opponent get some 12+ dude plucked out to a location to face off with your Elektra or whatever). I think the artwork is fun and the little abilities are cool representations of the characters, so I'll keep playing. But the non-stop transactions are a little stressful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtagge

More
09 Nov 2022 19:11 #336722 by dysjunct

boothwah wrote: I will not yuck on anyone's yum. I am defective. It just didn't grab me.

Pretty slick interface, and it hands out dopamine hits after every match. Mission completed! Epic! Frame Break! Season pass level up! I think it will have pretty good legs.

After playing compulsively for the first week or two, I've landed on this. The matches are so random that they felt pointless. Losing felt lame, winning felt like I had little to do with it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mtagge

More
09 Nov 2022 22:59 #336727 by WadeMonnig

dysjunct wrote:

boothwah wrote: I will not yuck on anyone's yum. I am defective. It just didn't grab me.

After playing compulsively for the first week or two, I've landed on this. The matches are so random that they felt pointless. Losing felt lame, winning felt like I had little to do with it.

It's too Meta for its own good. With the featured location, you need to put a type of deck together to win while it's featured. Kind of cool since you constantly use new decks but I like the off days to play the decks I really like.

More
10 Nov 2022 06:49 #336732 by mtagge
Well, the card pool as it exists there are only a few deck archtypes; moving, destruction, discard (doesn't really work), card draw, boosted swarm (blue marvel and kazan).

You could try and play a Guardians of the Galaxy deck and guess each opponents location each turn, but that would feel like embracing the randomness of the game too much.

The featured location just makes it so you have one deck of each type and pick the appropriate deck for the featured location. After that the key to winning is to draw the appropriate card at the appropriate time.

Definitely has a shelf life if they are only adding 1 new card every month.

More
10 Nov 2022 16:34 #336755 by Space Ghost
I'm still using discard and am at level 34.

The locations are important, but I don't think that it requires you to switch decks out. You get more variability in Level 3 because the cards are generally better and it makes more sense to build around them. I'm winning around 80% or so.

Deck is

Iceman
Blade
Morbius
Scarlett Witch
Swarm
Wolverine
Lady Sif
Sword Master
Dracula
Spider Woman
Red Skull
Apocalypse

It is difficult to play due to the discard aspect, but that makes it a bit more engaging than just spamming the field with dudes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
10 Nov 2022 19:46 #336756 by WadeMonnig

Space Ghost wrote: I'm still using discard and am at level 34.

The locations are important, but I don't think that it requires you to switch decks out. You get more variability in Level 3 because the cards are generally better and it makes more sense to build around them. I'm winning around 80% or so.

Deck is

Iceman
Blade
Morbius
Scarlett Witch
Swarm
Wolverine
Lady Sif
Sword Master
Dracula
Spider Woman
Red Skull
Apocalypse

It is difficult to play due to the discard aspect, but that makes it a bit more engaging than just spamming the field with dudes.

I'm at 44 currently. I was messing with a discard deck of:
# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Blade
# (2) Morbius
# (2) Swarm
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Gambit
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Hellcow
# (6) Hela
# (6) Apocalypse
# (6) Agatha Harkness

A couple of things suck about it. Hela doesn't bring back Apocalypse or Wolverine if they are destroyed, which is lame. If you don't get rid of Agatha by turn 4, you're pretty screwed. And you only get Agatha power ups, win or lose. It's pure Chaos but was fun to mess with.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Space Ghost

More
10 Nov 2022 19:53 #336757 by Space Ghost
I would have Hellcow and Hela in there if I had them..::not getting much in the way of discard cards.

What is your collection level? Curious if you’re way past me or just got some good draws (I’ll have to see what mine is)

More
11 Nov 2022 12:08 - 11 Nov 2022 13:13 #336761 by WadeMonnig

Space Ghost wrote: I would have Hellcow and Hela in there if I had them..::not getting much in the way of discard cards.

What is your collection level? Curious if you’re way past me or just got some good draws (I’ll have to see what mine is)

Collection level is 723. I did some min/maxing to boost it. (Played with decks of cards that only needed 25 power to boost) and maxed out wolverine, sabretooth, and Dethlock so i had new cards that only cost 25 to boost. The Only cards Im really hoping for are Venom and Deadpool, so I can't say my Tier 3 draw luck has been great for me. Did get a few that I could build decks around later.
Last edit: 11 Nov 2022 13:13 by WadeMonnig.

More
11 Nov 2022 17:52 #336764 by DarthJoJo
Finally cracked into Pool 3, and my first pull is Rescue, a playable but unexciting four-drop. Second pull is Destroyer, a six-drop with comparable power to Devil Dinosaur that also wipes your board for some reason. This is going to take a while.

Favorite cards so far are the counterpunchers. Winning the double snap after Enchantress blanks Kazar and Blue Marvel or Shang Chi knocks out Infinaut feels so good. Also love White Queen for the edge in planning the next two turns.

Trying to make Sandman work. Feel like a discard shell could be the right fit, but I’m lacking the right cards for it.

More
11 Nov 2022 19:59 #336766 by WadeMonnig
Destroyer with Nova, Wolverine, colossus, and armor (for some destructables) could be workable. Just the typical drawback of hoping you pull him.
Oh, decided I want human torch for my move deck lol.

More
12 Nov 2022 07:15 #336767 by mtagge

dysjunct wrote:

The randomness is starting to get to me as well. I feel like after a certain skill level luck is more important than good play.

More
13 Nov 2022 18:21 #336776 by WadeMonnig
Normally, I have a move deck or a kill deck or whatever. But I'm really liking this deck for versatility. Can me mostly made in tier 2 with some swaps. It gets me past the aggravation of Central Park or Ninja areas as I can clear them out. Put an Enchattress in to combat kazar/blue marvel instead of Miles.
# (1) Iron Fist
# (1) Nova
# (2) Dagger
# (2) Kraven
# (2) Multiple Man
# (2) Cloak
# (3) Doctor Strange
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Vulture
# (3) Hulkbuster
# (4) Miles Morales
# (6) Heimdall
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthJoJo

More
14 Nov 2022 00:46 #336781 by dragonstout

DarthJoJo wrote: Finally cracked into Pool 3, and my first pull is Rescue, a playable but unexciting four-drop. Second pull is Destroyer, a six-drop with comparable power to Devil Dinosaur that also wipes your board for some reason. This is going to take a while.

Destroyer's awesome, I'm rank 86 right now largely using Destroyer.

The game is amazing, best CCG since Magic and best Marvel game ever too. Complaining about the randomness feels like complaining that poker hands are random; that's what the cube is for.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.334 seconds