October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What Marvel's are you Snapping?

More
28 Mar 2023 11:13 #338798 by Not Sure
Yeah, I've been using the Kookoobah version of that Sera deck as well, with Armor/Mysterio instead of Psylocke/Cosmo. I ran it for a while with Rogue before I had Mysterio as well.

I tried this version a bit, and found the one I missed most was Armor. Locking down a destroy deck by blocking in Hood/Nova/Wolverine is great, as is tempting out big plays to get Enchantress/Shang-Chi-ed in T6. It's also a substitute Witch for stuff like Hero Falls or Death's Domain to keep another lane viable.

I got a Ghost out of the RNG spin, and I keep thinking it might help in these decks, but I just don't know where to fit it in. Everything else is so flexible.

Nomad has rearranged my Galactus deck. Ideal line is T2 Wolverine, T3 Wave/Psylocke, T4 Nomad/Hobgoblin / T5 Nomad/Hobgoblin/Aero, T6 Galactus. By playing Nomad as far left as possible, you make sure he dies twice with Galactus. Hope you had 16 in that lane after Hobgoblin. Super obnoxious.

I've definitely seen more Galactus trick decks out in the wild, including a Shuri combo with Nomad that I'd try if I had her.

I want to see that Mr. Negative/Wong deck, though!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig, DarthJoJo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2023 12:56 #338803 by DarthJoJo
Negative Wong

# (1) Sunspot
# (2) Psylocke
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Gambit
# (4) Mister Negative
# (4) Jubilee
# (4) Wong
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Magik
# (6) Odin

Zabu could replace Psylocke and Bast for Sunspot. Jubilee isn’t essential either. A pull after Negative does his thing is fun, but grabbing a combo piece like Song or Mystique or Odin at the wrong time or place is annoying. On the other hand, a miracle pull of Magick or Negative has saved me on occasion.

It’s very dependent on drawing things in the right order, but great fun and flexible when it goes off. Grabbed four levels when Elysium was hot because the earlier you get Wong or Negative into play, the better. Wong - Mystique - Ironheart - Odin is massive on a small board. Wong - Mystique - Gambit - Odin can clear a full board but needs Dark Dimension. Mystique off Ironman is great. A lot of possible lines.

I did pull a Shuri, so I might have to pay for Nimrod. Seems like the most fun way to play her over brain dead Red Skull into Taskmaster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Not Sure

More
28 Mar 2023 14:45 #338804 by Not Sure
Nice. I don't have Bast, but I have everything else in here.

I was running a Negative/Galactus deck before I had either Psylocke or Wave, and despite not being tuned very well it could also create some wild things (even without Galactus happening).

# (1) Quicksilver
# (2) Wolverine
# (2) Domino
# (3) Ironheart
# (4) Mr. Negative
# (4) Jubilee
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) White Tiger
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Magik
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (6) Galactus

I'd had some other things in there before Quicksilver/Domino, but I put them in to keep more of the heavy stuff in the deck for later Negative/Jubilee draws. This was also before I had Mystique, who'd be a natural for this deck as well.

It needs a rebalance, which is why I was interested in yours.

More
30 Mar 2023 14:26 #338829 by ecargo

jeb wrote: I am coasting this season as well; once I got Sera I just rolled from Gold to Vibranium. The deck list I am using is posted earlier in this thread I think. Using Mysterio over Psylocke; because synergy with Bishop and Nova tricks are so good. I use The Hood/Demon over Cosmo too.

I don’t think I would drop Scarlet Witch; I use her to tame locations that prevent playing cards or that one that makes cards (Sera) cost more on turn 5.

The most important thing is to be going last. You really want to be going last into turn 6 to beat Ultron and Shang-chi’ing nonsense. The slow roll makes Snapping way more effective as well.

Mind posting? I don't see a deck list from earlier with those cards.

More
30 Mar 2023 16:54 - 30 Mar 2023 16:56 #338830 by Not Sure
It's the link from here

But the deck is:

# (1) Nova
# (2) Angela
# (2) Armor
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Sentinel
# (2) Mysterio
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Sera

So a huge overlap with DarthJojo's deck (and there are lots of slight variations like jeb was saying).

A lot of that "2" range is open to interpretation. I like Armor here, but it's missing from other versions. The lengthy play guide that kookoobah put in those links is really good too.

This is the deck I want fit Ghost into to ensure going last, but can't quite see dropping anything else for it.
Last edit: 30 Mar 2023 16:56 by Not Sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecargo

More
30 Mar 2023 18:20 #338831 by ecargo
Thank you!

More
01 Apr 2023 19:53 #338854 by dream spawn
Is it just me, or does it seem like the level of fuckery with the locations is much higher today for April Fool's?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecargo, WadeMonnig

More
03 Apr 2023 00:07 #338871 by Not Sure
Having "lowest total wins" followed by "double on reveal" definitely upped the crazy. I've spent the weekend playing the Negative Wong deck, and going on weird win and lose streaks.

More
04 Apr 2023 12:56 #338899 by ecargo

Not Sure wrote: # (1) Nova
# (2) Angela
# (2) Armor
# (2) Scarlet Witch
# (2) Sentinel
# (2) Mysterio
# (2) Lizard
# (3) Bishop
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Sera

This, along with a Debrii control deck, helped me hit 90+ last season. Couldn't quite get to Infinite. Thanks again!

Used it a bit this season so far. Might still stay relevant with Hit Monkey, but who knows how long that trend will last after this first week or so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
14 Apr 2023 21:54 #339004 by DarthJoJo
Though Sera Control is still my workhorse for climbing, I’ve gotten a little bored of it. Fortunately I just pulled Helicarrier and Quinjet and made a real miracle deck that runs a bunch of card steal and random card creation and Zabu to hopefully come up with something playable. It’s not particularly good but is pretty amusing. Can manage some silly stuff. Between Elysium, Quinjet, Zabu and Sera I dropped four cards on a Wave turn.

But that’s all a long way of saying I finally played a game where his royal highness Blackagar Boltagon mattered. Lamentis spikes our decks, but I’m feeling good with Coulson to replenish my hand. He creates a Black Bolt which is actually kind of reasonable when our hands are so restricted. He gets better when he fries the Odin with which he was going to double Doom for the win.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
17 Apr 2023 14:54 #339029 by WadeMonnig
I've never made infinite but I've gotten close. The match making puts me against multiple infinite achievers because of my collection level, even if my rank is 50ish.( I bought both Galacticus and Thanos with tokens.) Made a good run with the onslaught hot location and gained like 15 levels in an hour. Went to bed and got up to everyone googling how to stop patriot/bast decks and that came to a halt. I bounce decks depending on what achievement I need but my current favorite is a darkhawk/zabu deck which has tons of win branches. Thanos is more fun than I thought he would be and Galacticus is less fun lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecargo, DarthJoJo

More
18 Apr 2023 18:55 #339054 by Not Sure
Everybody seems to be running Galactus now, I see him all the time (and I still fool around down in the 50s because I just don't play that much)

I got my last Tier 3 card (Giganto) and bought Shuri at T4, just in time to read the patch notes that a bunch cards (including Shuri) are going down to T3.

Womp-womp.

I've been playing mostly the Sera deck (swapping Armor for Hit-Monkey sometimes), but also playing the Negative Wong from upthread, which is some hilarious miracle nonsense most of the time. The Onslaught preferred location just amped up the power of it drastically.

And I play ramp-Galactus-Nimrod-Knull when I just want to be a dick like the rest of the Internet.

More
19 Apr 2023 10:19 - 19 Apr 2023 15:52 #339063 by WadeMonnig
I've been running a galatic destruction deck simply because it doesn't telegraph "Galactus" as much as the other decks. It seems to confuse the match making.
# (1) The Hood
# (1) Nova
# (1) Squirrel Girl
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Wave
# (3) Deathlok
# (6) Knull
# (6) Galactus
# (9) Death

But this deck is my work horse. It was untouched by the nerfs.
# (1) Korg
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Zabu
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Agent Coulson
# (4) Darkhawk
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Moon Girl
# (4) Rockslide
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (6) She-Hulk

Takes a bit to learn it's naunces but it is playable no matter what you draw.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2023 15:52 by WadeMonnig.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Not Sure, ecargo, DarthJoJo

More
21 Apr 2023 16:43 - 21 Apr 2023 16:45 #339084 by ecargo
Made it to Infinite, for the first time, today. I climbed from 89 yesterday (due to backsliding from hitting 90 initially then dropping) using mostly this deck that I made: snap.fan/decks/237230/ .

Weirdly, the climb from 95-100 was easier than the lower 90s due to a bunch of dumb bots.

The majority of my climb this season was thanks to this deck ( snap.fan/decks/232333/ ), which is especially good at stopping Galactus who I ran into often.
Last edit: 21 Apr 2023 16:45 by ecargo.

More
23 Apr 2023 21:56 #339091 by DarthJoJo
So I pulled the Steampunk Yellowjacket in the variant rush and have been struggling to find a deck for it because it looks great. This is the best I could come up with but seems adaptable as a shell.

# (0) Wasp
# (0) Yellowjacket
# (3) Black Cat
# (4) Moon Girl

Between Black Cat’s self discard and the free dump of Wasp and Yellowjacket, you have a lot more control over what you copy with Moon Girl. Anything cheap and powerful fits in nicely. Hood, She Hulk and Titania are easy fits. Miles Morales, Stature and Death are great with some synergy pieces.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds