October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What Marvel's are you Snapping?

More
28 Jan 2023 01:37 #338091 by dragonstout

jeb wrote: Man I wish there was a way to craft cards. I'm like CL 1000 now and getting variants instead of Series 3 cards I actually want, like Sera/Mysterio.

Just wanted to make sure that you knew that there kind of is, now, with the Collector's Tokens. Just check the shop three times a day until Sera shows up, then pin it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2023 10:42 #338103 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic What Marvel's are you Snapping?
I have Dracula pinned, and am sitting at 700 ….tokens? Thingies for that. So many currencies in this game, Lordy. I get about 100 tokens every four days or so. So it’s a matter of patience. Does everyone see different stuff there? I would love to know if Sera is there and swap to her, but you can’t sticky and still see what’s in the offer to switch to. Very greedy game, but that’s how all these things work now.

More
29 Jan 2023 12:19 #338105 by dragonstout
Nah, it's different for everyone. Good luck!

More
29 Jan 2023 18:14 - 31 Jan 2023 11:09 #338111 by WadeMonnig

jeb wrote: I have Dracula pinned, and am sitting at 700 ….tokens? Thingies for that. So many currencies in this game, Lordy. I get about 100 tokens every four days or so. So it’s a matter of patience. Does everyone see different stuff there? I would love to know if Sera is there and swap to her, but you can’t sticky and still see what’s in the offer to switch to. Very greedy game, but that’s how all these things work now.

I'm Collection level 2792 currently and coming to the end of Tier 3 cards (Four Left and none of them key). I picked up Sera, Dracula, Patriot, Deadpool and one other with tokens. So, I'm not buying any Tier 3 cards from the shop anymore. On the 31st She Hulk, Absorbing Man, Luke Cage and a few other drop from Tier 4 to Tier 3 so I'll trudge on and settle for the 25%-ish drop rate of Tier 3 cards until I have them all (nothing I'm missing is must have). So, The only two things I want to pin is Galatcus and Knull, which will be 6000 Tokens each. (Once I have all tier 3 cards, if I would have pulled a tier 3 I'll instead get 200/400/600 Tokens.)
Last edit: 31 Jan 2023 11:09 by WadeMonnig.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
05 Feb 2023 00:34 - 08 Feb 2023 12:00 #338188 by WadeMonnig
This (was)the deck of the moment if you have the cards. Onslaught site specific.
# (0) Wasp
# (1) Misty Knight
# (2) Shocker
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Patriot
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Debrii
# (3) Cyclops
# (5) Blue Marvel
# (5) Sera
# (6) Ultron

(It worked because they had the onslaught hot location, so it was doubling ongoing. Not so perfect anymore.)
Last edit: 08 Feb 2023 12:00 by WadeMonnig.

More
05 Feb 2023 17:29 #338190 by Not Sure
I don't have Mystique or Surfer, but I've sure seen a lot of similar decks.

I recently got Wong, so I was running a Wong/White Tiger cheeseball deck, with Rogue, Killmonger, and Shang-Chi stuck in for defense. Works okay.

Then I decided to lean into Zabu.

# (3) Zabu
# (4) x10, anything you want, I'm using:
# Jubilee
# Wong
# Shang-Chi
# Enchantress (careful with this and Jubilee)
# Jessica Jones
# Miles Morales
# Namor
# Rock Slide
# White Queen
# Crossbones
# (5) Sera

Sera is just a backup if you don't get Zabu or the Citadel out.

But when this goes off, a T4 of slapping down 4 4-cost cards is joyful, followed by whatever White Queen digs up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
08 Feb 2023 09:49 #338231 by DarthJoJo
Deleted my account two months ago because I was playing too much, and I was sick of losing to Moon Girl into Death on Vormyr or Silver Surfer and Brood. Also got really annoyed at how throttled new card gain became at collection level 1,000.

Downloaded it again two weeks ago because I’m hoping I can show restraint and maturity in my play. Losing a pile of good cards and some fun variants isn’t my favorite, but sandbagging tier one is so easy. I got up to rank 97 inside a week because bots aren’t that smart, and there are a lot of bots at that level. Figure I’ll hang out here until I have the credits to rip straight to upper tier two and hang out again until I can push to 1,000.

There might be only three viable decks in this tier, but the bones of the game are strong. It’s still fun.

More
08 Feb 2023 11:59 #338238 by WadeMonnig

DarthJoJo wrote: Deleted my account two months ago because I was playing too much, and I was sick of losing to Moon Girl into Death on Vormyr or Silver Surfer and Brood. Also got really annoyed at how throttled new card gain became at collection level 1,000.

Downloaded it again two weeks ago because I’m hoping I can show restraint and maturity in my play. Losing a pile of good cards and some fun variants isn’t my favorite, but sandbagging tier one is so easy. I got up to rank 97 inside a week because bots aren’t that smart, and there are a lot of bots at that level. Figure I’ll hang out here until I have the credits to rip straight to upper tier two and hang out again until I can push to 1,000.

There might be only three viable decks in this tier, but the bones of the game are strong. It’s still fun.

I believe the max credits is 10,000. So be aware of that.
I reset to 50 on the new season and I must say that I LOVE that I am going up against people with Really, Really Dirty titles and Tier 5 cards in the freaking 50's. WTF, why am I going against people who hit infinity last season in the bloody 50s? I have zero tier 5 cards. As the title says "This Matchmaking Sucks."
Yea, I'm addicted and probably play way too much. Had fun for the first day playing a MODOK deck until everyone and thier brother meta'ed that shit and googled MODOK decks. Now I just drop Cosmo behind any invisible girl (or move her with Polaris) and watch the one trick pony of MODOK into Hela crumble.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Space Ghost, DarthJoJo

More
08 Feb 2023 12:05 #338239 by WadeMonnig

Not Sure wrote: I don't have Mystique or Surfer, but I've sure seen a lot of similar decks.

I recently got Wong, so I was running a Wong/White Tiger cheeseball deck, with Rogue, Killmonger, and Shang-Chi stuck in for defense. Works okay.

Then I decided to lean into Zabu.

# (3) Zabu
# (4) x10, anything you want, I'm using:
# Jubilee
# Wong
# Shang-Chi
# Enchantress (careful with this and Jubilee)
# Jessica Jones
# Miles Morales
# Namor
# Rock Slide
# White Queen
# Crossbones
# (5) Sera

Sera is just a backup if you don't get Zabu or the Citadel out.

But when this goes off, a T4 of slapping down 4 4-cost cards is joyful, followed by whatever White Queen digs up.

Zabu and Surfer are supposed to get nerfed. I think Surfer is going to be 3 Energy/2 Power but only buffs each 3 card by 2.
(new) Zabu
– Energy: 2
– Power: 2
– Ability: Your 4-Cost cards cost 1 less. (Minimum 1)

More
08 Feb 2023 12:25 #338240 by Space Ghost
I’m sure I play too much.

Last season ended in a fiasco…I was cruising along with my discard deck. Made it to 57 and then opened Bast and Valkyrie in back to back Collector’s Caches.

I started deck building (I hate looking online for decks…this is the only place I see decks) and floundered terribly. Fell to Rank 37. Settled on a Mr. Negative deck with both and built back up to Rank 47. Resulted in resetting to Rank 10 :(

But, MODOK fits right into my non-Hela discard deck (swapped him in for Hell Cow)…and, after yesterday back to the mid-30s.

Can definitely tell that people landed on the same deck as I see tons with Hela and The Collector.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, WadeMonnig

More
08 Feb 2023 17:01 - 08 Feb 2023 19:32 #338262 by WadeMonnig
I ran this modok and climbed 10 levels.
# (2) Morbius
# (2) Swarm
# (2) Colleen Wing
# (3) Black Cat
# (3) Lockjaw
# (3) Lady Sif
# (3) Sword Master
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Hellcow
# (5) Leech
# (5) M.O.D.O.K.
# (6) Apocalypse
(I was not super fond of blade fouling up Colleen or just tossing modok or dracula. I switched to black cat. Free discard and nice power if i have to play it)
Last edit: 08 Feb 2023 19:32 by WadeMonnig.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecargo

More
08 Feb 2023 18:17 #338265 by ecargo

WadeMonnig wrote: I reset to 50 on the new season and I must say that I LOVE that I am going up against people with Really, Really Dirty titles and Tier 5 cards in the freaking 50's. WTF, why am I going against people who hit infinity last season in the bloody 50s? I have zero tier 5 cards. As the title says "This Matchmaking Sucks."

I was in the 70s before the rank reset (capping at 84 last season). Now I am struggling, bouncing around 40. I don't know what is going on with the matchmatching, but I'm hoping once everyone gets back to where they're supposed to be I can climb again. It's been a discouraging couple of days.

More
08 Feb 2023 19:35 #338266 by WadeMonnig

WadeMonnig wrote:
Zabu and Surfer are supposed to get nerfed. I think Surfer is going to be 3 Energy/2 Power but only buffs each 3 card by 2.
(new) Zabu
– Energy: 2
– Power: 2
– Ability: Your 4-Cost cards cost 1 less. (Minimum 1)

Nerf went live a few hours ago. I found out when Surfer literally changed mid game lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecargo

More
08 Feb 2023 21:26 #338268 by Not Sure
Yeah, I saw the Zabu nerf today during a game and said "wat". At least he's only 2 now.

That deck only worked with Onslaught's Citadel as featured location, so I won't really miss it. It was pretty funny when it fired on all cylinders, though.

Mostly still using KooKooBah's Sera deck, since I was able to grab Mysterio from the market. I think I almost liked it better with Rogue, but that might just be how I play. I was up in the mid-fifties, dropped to 20 on the reset.

I'm still pretty casual about all of it. I don't snap aggressively enough, and I chase dumb Turn 6s when I should know better. But a lot of my losses come down to pilot error, so that's pretty good, I guess.

More
11 Feb 2023 11:23 #338294 by WadeMonnig
Pulled my first (only) tier 5 card, Valkyrie. Initially, i was unimpressed but I ran a cerebro 3 deck and it is so satisfying to turn infanaut (or better yet Hobgoblin) into a 3 power card. Turned a full gamma lab full of hulks into 12 total power and boosted my side with cerebro. Good times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecargo, DarthJoJo

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds