October 09, 2023
2457 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2660 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

What BOARD GAMES are you TRADING?

More
07 Jan 2015 16:03 #194461 by Josh Look
As much as I love Robinson Crusoe, it just wasn't getting played. Half of my friends hated it, half of my friends like it but we don't really do co-ops. So I went for a trade offer on it in exchange for a metric shit ton of Star Wars LCG stuff. 2 core sets, 2 Edge of Darknesses, and the first 4 Hoth cycle Force packs.

I played it when it first came out with Repo, and while it didn't offend me, it didn't wow me either, particularly after we played Netrunner. A few years have past and I've realized that as much as I love Netrunner and Mage Wars, I am not the kind of person so spend hours building decks. Star Wars suddenly seems much more attractive these days.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2015 10:20 - 12 Jan 2015 10:20 #194815 by SuperflyPete
HELL YEAH. Just got a trade confirmed: My Kemble's Crusade for a good copy of 1st ed. Nuclear War. I've been after that game for a long, long time.
Last edit: 12 Jan 2015 10:20 by SuperflyPete.

More
14 Jan 2015 14:07 - 14 Jan 2015 14:07 #195126 by bfkiller
I participated in a Canada-only math trade that had a surprising number of awesome entries.

What I got rid of:
1. Mr. Jack (owned for years but never tried) and Mystery Rummy: Jack the Ripper (haven't played in years)
2. Forbidden Desert (I'd rather play Pandemic) and Take Stock (I was given this and never wanted it)
3. Doom + expansion (this is a dull dinosaur of a design that's been surpassed by much better Dudes in a Corridor games)
4. The Convoy (picked it up on a whim from a clearance table recently but the rules didn't grab me)
5. Middle-Earth Quest (I tried it once and didn't have much interest in playing it again)

What I'm getting:
1. Gumshoe (I really like Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective and I'm looking forward to a similar system in a different setting)
2. That's Life! (This is one of my favourite casual family games so I'm glad to have a copy for myself)
3. Risk: Star Wars Original Trilogy Edition (Star Wars and Rob Daviau works for me)
4. Burma (Heh... Why the fuck did I check this? It might be a great game, but this will NEVER get played)
5. A Distant Plain (I quite liked Cuba Libre, so looking forward to trying another game in the COIN series)

Not a bad haul but I wasn't able to land any of the games that interested me the most.
Last edit: 14 Jan 2015 14:07 by bfkiller.

More
14 Jan 2015 14:29 #195128 by charlest
Gumshoe is fantastic. It's better than Sherlock Holmes: CD but it's more bloated and worrisome too. Make sure you get the errata online, there's quite a bit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bfkiller

More
14 Jan 2015 14:49 #195133 by bfkiller

charlest wrote: Gumshoe is fantastic. It's better than Sherlock Holmes: CD but it's more bloated and worrisome too. Make sure you get the errata online, there's quite a bit.

More than what's in this BGG file?

Several years back I too was searching for Gumshoe errata, and received
the following from John Beaderstadt. Hope you find it helpful:

"Under Clue Point Entry for July 3, 1934, Continental Detective Agency Clue
should read Clue 346 in place of Clue 331.

"Under Clue Point Entry for July 4, 1934, Clue 223 Post should read 233
Post. The Clue Number remains the same.

"Under Clue Point Entry for July 8, 1934, 570 Alabama Clue should read Clue
349 in place of Clue 356.

"Under Clue 290, disregard the 45 minute time segment and refer to the
Clock Face."

In addition, I [note: John Beredstadt writing] wrote a note to myself that says:
"7/5 - 1023 Broadway = #? (255 wrong)". I have no idea what this means, now;
it's been at least 10 years since I played this ...

On an errata slip:

Under Clue Point Entry for July 3, 1934, Continental Detective Agency
Clue should read Clue 23 in place of Clue 331.

On the back of the rules folder:

Clue Points Listing for July 7, 1934, Mark Hopkins Hotel...286. Under
July 9, 1934, 18 Mason...153.

More
14 Jan 2015 15:11 #195134 by charlest
Yes, it depends what edition of the game you get. Most likely you got a 1st edition but you may get lucky and get a second.

The 1st printing came with a small slip of paper that I think is identical to what you just posted. The 2nd printing of the 1st edition came with a booklet of errata in addition to the slip. The 2nd edition I think is complete.

I can send you a PDF of the booklet if you PM your email (won't be able to send it until later tonight). I didn't have the booklet but found someone on BGG who hooked me up with a scan.

Also, make sure you inventory your stuff. My copy was missing 1 arrest record sheet and had to create a pasteup of that.

More
14 Jan 2015 15:17 #195135 by bfkiller
Thanks very much for the offer. Much appreciated. I'll wait until the game arrives and see if the previous owner printed that off before I bug you for a copy, but I'm guessing I will end up needing it.

More
15 Jan 2015 03:02 #195180 by Dr. Mabuse

bfkiller wrote: I participated in a Canada-only math trade that had a surprising number of awesome entries.

What I got rid of:
1. Mr. Jack (owned for years but never tried) and Mystery Rummy: Jack the Ripper (haven't played in years)
2. Forbidden Desert (I'd rather play Pandemic) and Take Stock (I was given this and never wanted it)
3. Doom + expansion (this is a dull dinosaur of a design that's been surpassed by much better Dudes in a Corridor games)
4. The Convoy (picked it up on a whim from a clearance table recently but the rules didn't grab me)
5. Middle-Earth Quest (I tried it once and didn't have much interest in playing it again)

What I'm getting:
1. Gumshoe (I really like Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective and I'm looking forward to a similar system in a different setting)
2. That's Life! (This is one of my favourite casual family games so I'm glad to have a copy for myself)
3. Risk: Star Wars Original Trilogy Edition (Star Wars and Rob Daviau works for me)
4. Burma (Heh... Why the fuck did I check this? It might be a great game, but this will NEVER get played)
5. A Distant Plain (I quite liked Cuba Libre, so looking forward to trying another game in the COIN series)

Not a bad haul but I wasn't able to land any of the games that interested me the most.

FAKK YOU!!

Mr. Sweet Haul lands some choice stuff. Again. :)

When you're read to unload Gumshoe, let me know. I really dig Sherlock but I heard Gumshoe is better.

More
15 Jan 2015 09:18 #195195 by bfkiller

Dr. Mabuse wrote: When you're read to unload Gumshoe, let me know. I really dig Sherlock but I heard Gumshoe is better.

Will do.

More
15 Jan 2015 11:50 #195236 by phandec
I am very happy that I managed to turn a copy of Five Tribes in which I have absolutely no interest into a copy of Pax Porfiriana.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, stoic

More
15 Jan 2015 13:52 #195255 by Pugnax555
I recently turned a spare copy of Pax Porfiriana into a barely used copy of Combat Commander: Europe and a NIS Splendor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, stoic

More
18 Jan 2015 17:43 - 18 Jan 2015 17:45 #195389 by bfkiller
Made a few more trades in the leftover Canadian math trade.

What I got rid of:
The Ares Project (I like it but it's a difficult game to get back into after a hiatus. I'll probably pick it up for cheap in the future because I do have some regrets now that I'm shipping it away.)
Ponte del Diavolo (An incredibly boring looking 2-player abstract about building bridges. A friend gave it to me because he won it but didn't want it.)

What I'm getting:
Lord of the Rings (This is my second time owning this one.)
Ingenious (The plastic tiles one.)

Obviously the Knizia-bleating by Barnes and San and dragonstout and the rest of y'all infiltrated my brain. I've picked up LotR, Ingenious, Ra, and Samurai in the last few months. And I'm probably going to grab the copy of Taj Mahal that's been sitting on my FLGS' shelf forever.

So all together in the Math trade, I'm giving away 9 games and getting 7. I kinda wish I held onto The Ares Project and Middle-Earth Quest, despite them being major toads, and I don't know why the hell I picked up Burma, but overall I think it was a pretty good refresher to my games I have available to play. And most of them are much more likely to actually be played (except for the aforementioned Burma and A Distant Plain).
Last edit: 18 Jan 2015 17:45 by bfkiller.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, san il defanso

More
20 Jan 2015 11:53 #195552 by VonTush
Two Trades

Out: Modern Art
In: Gulo Gulo

Out: Arkham Horror collection - Base, Dunwich, Black Goat, King in Yellow, Pharaoh one (1st Ed)
In: Battle of Five Armies; Winter Tails

More
23 Jan 2015 11:47 - 23 Jan 2015 11:47 #195912 by Gary Sax
Command and Colors Ancients and expansion Out
Gears of War and POD expansion In
Last edit: 23 Jan 2015 11:47 by Gary Sax.

More
23 Jan 2015 12:17 #195916 by Space Ghost
^^Nice trade.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds